Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 2.0 (or the beginnings of work on it.)
NeoOffice 2.0 (or the beginnings of work on it.)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Wizards bug in OpenOffice.org 2.0.2 rc code

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Update Sometime during all of my testing a (null).plist file appeared in my ~/Library/Preferences directory. This file disturbed the font settings for the on-screen text (this is critical during the Welcome to NeoOffice phase.) Deleting this file as well as the NeoOffice-2.x directory corrected the problem. I created a Neo BugZilla entry to track this error and for historical purposes.

Actually, the shrunken window problem is due to deletion of the Bitstream Vera fonts that are bundled with Neo 2.0. In the installer code for the last week or so, I have the installer preserve such fonts so that they are not deleted or overwritten. But, if you delete your Neo 2.0 installation manually, the ATS font server will not know what happened to that font and will, consequently, lay all such fonts out as zero height strings. If you log out and log back in, the problem will disappear.

The problem here isn't really NeoOffice but OpenOffice.org 2.0 as they like to use Bitstream Vera as the default font.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I committed a change that patches OOo's berkeleydb module. I found that the berkeleydb build hard codes the libdb-4.2.dylib's install name to /usr/local/BerkeleyDB... which causes all sorts of headaches for executables that link to it. Since the Neo patch patches an OOo module, it will force rebuild of your entire OOo build (mine is still about 12 hours away from completing).

So, I recommend that you delete all of the unxmacxp.pro and unxmacxp.pro.oo directories in your OOo build, cvs update the neojava directory, and then reinvoke make.

Patrick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. I committed a change that patches OOo's berkeleydb module. I found that the berkeleydb build hard codes the libdb-4.2.dylib's install name to /usr/local/BerkeleyDB... which causes all sorts of headaches for executables that link to it. Since the Neo patch patches an OOo module, it will force rebuild of your entire OOo build (mine is still about 12 hours away from completing).

Yuck.....However, I have the patch and I will not be running a rebuild for a while. Taxes have to be done and I maybe contributing to improving the Federal debt.

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16