Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Any body know anyone in the NeoOffice community?
Any body know anyone in the NeoOffice community?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaySnow
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Any body know anyone in the NeoOffice community?

If anyone can tell me how I can contact anyone in the NeoOffice community, someone who works there, et cetera, I would greatly appreciate that. If you don't know anyone at NeoOffice, maybe you could tell me how to draw triangles (for my Christmas cards) using NeoOffice Draw (that's why I want to contact someone at NeoOffice, but if you can help me yourself, that would be great!).
Thanks everyone,
Jay
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject:

Hii Jay,

I would be highly surprised if you were to get a response from anyone who works for the makers of Microsoft Office if you were to ask them the same question! Wink

NeoOffice is an open source and almost wholly a volunteer effort. By submitting your question here, you are directly contacting the community of volunteers who are ready to share their knowledge to advance the cause for the project.

Since I didn't know the answer to your question (I never use the draw module myself), I opened the Help menu in NeoOffice. There I first searched for 'triangle' which yielded no results. (I guess you might have tried the same?) So I fell back on my mathematical background and searched for 'polygon' (a triangle being a 3-sided example of such). This yielded the following:

Quote:
Polygon

Draws a line composed of a series of straight line segments. Drag to draw a line segment, click to define the endpoint of the line segment, and then drag to draw a new line segment. Double-click to finish drawing the line. To create a closed shape, double-click the starting point of the line.
Hold the Shift key while drawing a polygon to position new points at 45 degree angles.
The Edit Points mode enables you to interactively modify the individual points of the polygon.

There are two Polygon tools available: one that draws an 'empty' polygon and one that draws "filled" shapes. You probably need the latter as I guess you might have a green-filled Christmas tree in mind, built from a series of green-filled triangles, one on top of the other?

The polygon tool is accessed via the seventh icon from the top in the vertical left-hand icon menu bar in my default set-up of NeoOffice. It may display a 'curve' label as the curve tools are in the same pop-out palette.

A couple of trials and success quickly followed. I would express one sentence slightly different as "To create a closed shape, return to and double-click on the starting point of the first line segment." but someone else may tell me I'm splitting hairs!

You may choose to accept this tip as a Christmas gift but if you find it genuinely answers your enquiry fully, you may also like to make a small donation - not to me but to the NeoOffice project. Small donations help to keep services like these voluntary support forums online as someone has to pay the hosting provider at the end of the day. And that is not me either!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1