Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Anyone with a 'pure' 1.2 Alpha plus patches installation?
Anyone with a 'pure' 1.2 Alpha plus patches installation?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Anyone with a 'pure' 1.2 Alpha plus patches installation?

Rather than post a bugzilla entry prematurely, I am soliciting the help of anyone who has installed 1.2 Alpha on a Mac which does not have a copy of Neooffice/J 1.1 already present.

If you have such a 1.2 Alpha installation (plus patch 4) only, could you be kind enough to try to run the File>AutoPilot>Install New Dictionaries... menu item, and report your experience here.

The reason for this request is that I have done that on a single Mac (OS 10.3.9) in my office today and instead of the expected behaviour, I got a series of error messages which were indicating that the routine was looking for some resources from within a NeoOffice/J 1.1.app

Due to other work, I was unable to verify this by testing on a second Mac before heading home.

Until today, any Mac which I have run this item on in 1.2 Alpha has also had the original NeoOffice/J 1.1 app installed as well, meaning that the sought resource could be found.

If someone else is able to verify (or not) the behaviour I experienced on a "1.2 Alpha + patch 4 only" Mac, I would appreciate a response here either way.

If it is not a bug and your NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha proceeds with the installation of additonal dictionaries without problem, that will help me to identify that I have an issue with the particular Mac in my office. If it is a bug, I'll post it in bugzilla based on the results posted here.

Please ensure that you have no other documents open when you select this menu item. Why? Because you may find that, like me, you get fed up 'ok'-ing the series of error messages that resulted and you may want to force-quit NeoOffice to break out!

Thanks, in advance, for your help. I don't want to create a bug for Patrick et al before I know my experience has been replicated independently on a second installation.

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Ray,

Try "Patch-5" that I just posted and see if there is any improvement. In "Patch-5", I added the latest version of DicOOo.sxw and I made Neo delete any broken softlinks in your ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-1.x/user/wordbook folder each time that you launch Neo.

Patrick
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Patrick. It will be next week before I have the opportunity to test Patch.5. It's going to be a busy week as we have our regional directors arriving from all around the globe for meetings but I'll try to check the patch on the same Mac at some point and give feedback here.
MosGuy
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject:

Ray,

I originally had both versions installed and was wary to remove 1.1 as I read a thread of people having issues after removing it. But last week I took the chance and I've had no ill effects after removing 1.1 completely. I just tested installing dictionaries and things appear to be fine for me, no error messages. I'm running: Panther x.3.9, Neo 1.2 with patch 4.

Rick
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Ray,

Try "Patch-5" that I just posted and see if there is any improvement. In "Patch-5", I added the latest version of DicOOo.sxw and I made Neo delete any broken softlinks in your ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-1.x/user/wordbook folder each time that you launch Neo.

Patrick:

It appears that your changes are not making it into the anoncvs. I just did an update check and there were no new files.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject:

You need to "cvs update -r NeoOffice-1_2_branch" as the "NeoOffice-1_2" tag specified on the website's build instructions is a fixed tag whereas "NeoOffice-1_2_branch" is a working branch.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject:

James et al., this is documented in the wiki, too, btw Wink

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
You need to "cvs update -r NeoOffice-1_2_branch" as the "NeoOffice-1_2" tag specified on the website's build instructions is a fixed tag whereas "NeoOffice-1_2_branch" is a working branch.

Thank you for the reminder. I will update and build soon.

James
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Ray,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Just to round off this thread, I can now confirm that the dictionaries script operates properly with Patch 6 (now) installed. Tested on clean installed OS X 10.3.9 and 1.2 Alpha plus patch 6 only. Thanks for that.

jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject:

rays wrote:
pluby wrote:
Ray,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Just to round off this thread, I can now confirm that the dictionaries script operates properly with Patch 6 (now) installed. Tested on clean installed OS X 10.3.9 and 1.2 Alpha plus patch 6 only. Thanks for that.

Thanks for the update. I'll have to update my build to this level on Tiger for build testing.

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1