· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Autocomplete - problems on Calc
Autocomplete - problems on Calc

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernard Watson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Autocomplete - problems on Calc

I did post a query on this topic recently but can't seem to locate the replies again to continue. Anyway, thanks Yoxi and Doctype for your ideas, which I have tried.
Yoxi - word completion is not available in Calc. I did what you said while in Write in the hope that it would apply throughout, but with no success.
Doctype - again, there is no Autoformat in the Format menu in Calc. Tried it again in Write but it did not transfer either.
Any other ideas anyone? And also basic advice to a 75-year-old on how to bring up existing queries and their answers from the Trinity site.
Thanks to all,
Bernard Watson.
Great Gidding,
Cambridgeshire, UK.
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject:

To answer the 2nd question first - it appears you can't search for posts by author's name in trinity if the author is a guest, so I recommend you register Smile - then you'll be able to find your posts in the search window by searching for your login name.

In OpenOffice v2, in a Calc doc, go to Tools-AutoCorrect, then to the Options tab in that dialogue. There are 2 options that are relevant to you:

• Capitalize first letter of every sentence - turn that off to stop that from happening.
• Use replacement table - turn that off to disable AutoComplete.

I hope that solves your problems - sorry for posting the Writer advice by mistake.

- yoxi
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject:

Hello Bernard,
yeah, sorry also from me for giving a wrong "Writer"-advice. The original thread is here:
http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2163
and by the way: I found it via "Search" by entering "autocorrect" as keyword, it was then the first entry in the result list, so Search seems to be working fine.
Have a nice christmas,
Martin
BernardW
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Hello Yoxi and Martin and many thanks for your advice. Yes. I had tried Capitals on First Letter and Use Replacement Table, with no good results.
However, I went back into Tools>Options and went all through everything in sight and finally came up with Tools>Options>Language Settings>Writing Aids>Options>Check Capitalisation and when I unchecked the latter it all came right.
Best wishes for the New Year, and I hope I can come back you you both on the usual knowledge upcurve in 2006. Hasta la Vista!('Laughing')
Bernard Watson.
Great Gidding,
Cambridgeshire. UK Laughing
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1