· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OOo2.0 for Mac installation woes
OOo2.0 for Mac installation woes

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noreenkilby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: OOo2.0 for Mac installation woes

Hi, I'm having trouble with the Openoffice 2.0 app. I have been running 1.1.2 successfully for months and months and I have X11 installed.

When I launch the OO 2.0 application, the splash screen comes up for about 30 seconds (and X11 launches if it's not already running) but eventually I get this error: "The Application cannot be started due to an internal error". OO clearly fails at some point during the launch.

I also tried changing the name of the file which turned it into a folder. Browsing the folder does not help me locate an install file. Is there an installation file somewhere? What is it called?

UPDATE: I successfully installed OOo when logged in as root, but when I use my account, OO won't launch. I get the same error. ARGH!

thanks,
Noreen
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject:

the rc3.app file does not have an install, just drag it to your applications folder and run it.

i would try to check your permissions (using disk utility) and see if that helps. it should run under any user.

and i'll ponder more, and post if i think of something else.

-j
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: OOo2.0 for Mac installation woes

noreenkilby wrote:
Hi, I'm having trouble with the Openoffice 2.0 app. I have been running 1.1.2 successfully for months and months and I have X11 installed.

When I launch the OO 2.0 application, the splash screen comes up for about 30 seconds (and X11 launches if it's not already running) but eventually I get this error: "The Application cannot be started due to an internal error". OO clearly fails at some point during the launch.

Can you do the following:

Open the Applications folder and then the Utilities folder. There is a program in there called Console. This application utility is used to look at logging files. Click on the Log icon and then the pointer next to ~/Library/Logs. Click on the pointer next to the CrashReporter item that just appeared and then the soffice.bin.crash.log. Please post the contents of the last entry starting with the Date/Time line to the bottom of the file. This may be quite large and may take several attempts to get all of the entry. This will give us some idea of what transpired when OpenOffice.org failed to start.

noreenkilby wrote:

I also tried changing the name of the file which turned it into a folder. Browsing the folder does not help me locate an install file. Is there an installation file somewhere? What is it called?

There is no installation directory. You just drag the OpenOffice.org item into your Applications folder.

noreenkilby wrote:

UPDATE: I successfully installed OOo when logged in as root, but when I use my account, OO won't launch. I get the same error. ARGH!

This may be the problem. You need to 'install' OpenOffice.org 2.0 as a system administrator user, not root. The properties and application support folders will not be setup properly.

Also, sorry for the discussion on the newest release candidate. I will remove those entries to a separate discussion elsewhere.

James
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

when you say 'install' do you mean the initial running? i didn't think the .app file needed to be 'installed'...
bambivincent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: OOo_2-1.0.0rc3_051016 won't install--or open

About the icon that appears in the disk image: whether app or installer, it won't do anything when double clicked in the disk image window, or after dragging to the app folder. Here is the crash report:

Host Name: bambi-vincents-powerbook-g4-17
Date/Time: 2006-01-05 03:16:44.977 -0800
OS Version: 10.4.3 (Build 8F46)
Report Version: 3

Command: soffice.bin
Path: /Applications/OpenOffice.org 2.0.app/Contents/openoffice.org/program/soffice.bin
Parent: sh [1012]

Version: ??? (???)

PID: 1030
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/OpenOffice.org 2.0.app/Contents/openoffice.org/program/libvcl680mxp.dylib
Reason: image not found
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject:

sorry, stupid tech question to follow:

do you have X11 installed?
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1