Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Can't change page styles or create new ones
Can't change page styles or create new ones

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VN
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Can't change page styles or create new ones

Hi all,

I found I can't modify default styles to adapt them to my needs or create others. each time I launch OO I must recreate the configuration.

This is true for and non-administrative user profile I use for my day-to-day work, but also for the Administrator.

I suspect this issue is related to the permissions. Because the /Applications folder is read-only for non-administrative users, my modifictions aren't saved when I quit. I hesitate to make /Applications read AND write to anyone, because it's not the best way to do things. And in all cases next "Correct permissions" command will remove this.

I also verified the Path window in Options and found that almost, if not all paths point to /Applications/user/... or /Applications/share/... and not to ~/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/user/... Maybe it's a problem with the multiuser setup and I can correct by hand?

Many thanks in advance,

Ciao,

VN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject:

Any ideas, anyone?

Ciao,

VN
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Ack, I think you may be right in that it's a permissions problem. I believe the default user folder that's installed is 644...but it's bizarre that the admin account can't access them either. Can you try changing permissions on "share" in addition to user? I'm wondering if those styles are saved in share and not user.

ed
VN
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject:

The problem is still here. Now in both Neo/J 1.1 beta and 1.1.2 GM.
Can't change styles or create new ones. Next time I start the apps they have gone away. Changed permissions, paths, nothing works.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject:

VN wrote:
The problem is still here. Now in both Neo/J 1.1 beta and 1.1.2 GM.
Can't change styles or create new ones. Next time I start the apps they have gone away. Changed permissions, paths, nothing works.

It was my understanding that styles were document-specific (you can't globally change the default styles) and saved within a document by design [see the last choice in Ed's mad-lib poll Wink].

The way to get around this is to make a document, set up the styles you want, save it as a template, and have OOo or Neo/J use that document as the default document for all new Writer/Calc/whichever module documents. (Instructions for saving the default template should be somewhere in the Neo/J support forum--another item to add to the wiki when I get the time....)

Smokey
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Ah, indeed: Default style preserved?. Tip by asxless (now stubbed into the wiki).

Smokey
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1