NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 1.2 final coming soon
NeoOffice 1.2 final coming soon

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. NeoOffice 1.2 is now out: http://trinity.neooffice.org/.

Thank you. It has been my pleasure to help and work with this effort.

Now to make an announcement:

I will be leaving the build/test team. Sadly, the 'real world' has interfered and I have to look for a new job. This may mean that I will not be available for long periods of time. It has been a lot of fun working on NeoOffice and I wish all of you the best of luck with NeoOffice 2.0.

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
I will be leaving the build/test team. Sadly, the 'real world' has interfered and I have to look for a new job. This may mean that I will not be available for long periods of time. It has been a lot of fun working on NeoOffice and I wish all of you the best of luck with NeoOffice 2.0.

I wish you the best in your job search and thanks for all of the time that you have put in.

Patrick
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject:

Oh, darn! Sad

But all the best and thanks for all the fish!

LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Good Luck.

Many Thanks for all your efforts. You will be missed.

Philip (feeling ... sad Crying or Very sad )
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject:

We'll miss you around here, James. Good luck with the new job/search, and thanks for all the help, time, and effort you've devoted to the project.

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Well, I'm sorry to see you go Sad. But I hope you will find a nice job and look us up sometime Smile.

Good luck,
Oscar
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: NeoOffice 1.2 release announcement

I changed my mind and moved that post to a separate topic in Random Whatnot; see here for info and how you can help.

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Well, I'm sorry to see you go Sad. But I hope you will find a nice job and look us up sometime Smile.

Serious Update :

I posted my resume/CV on Monster/Dice (for those who do not know, Dice is for IT PROFESSIONALS) on the weekend of January 28th. I've had over ten offers and have two job interviews. In addition, the folks at my job site do not want me to get laid off and leave them. So, I may have a job at the end of this month, and it may be with the folks I work for now. If that happens, NeoOffice 2.0, here I come....

James
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject:

Sounds good Very Happy. Wish the very best to you! Hopefully everything goes as you wish it! (wah sometimes I wish, my english was better)
T

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject:

I'd also like to thank you James. You accomplished ahellava lot in a short time around here from what I've read and observed. As Pat said, thanks for all the TIME you and the gang invested because at the end of the day, that's what makes this thing go. Since time is money, that's a HUGE investment into the success of the Neo project. Ditto for Pat and ed.

You sound awfully talented, I can't even follow half the stuff in your posts, nor Pat's nor ed's, hopefully you will land where the office politics don't eat you up. If I had more courage, I'd retire and try to do my own thing.
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject:

Orgleser wrote:
Sounds good Very Happy. Wish the very best to you! Hopefully everything goes as you wish it! (wah sometimes I wish, my english was better)
T

Sometimes I wish my English was better.

This is based on a true event that took place in a foreign country:

Individual enters a place to eat.

Waitress meets said individual and greets in native tongue.

Individual spends five to ten minutes going over menu. Individual attempts to order food in native tongue.

Waitress, who now realizes that the individual is an American, announces in "Perfect English": Sir, would you like a menu in English so that you can order your Breakfast?"

Individual is now taken back that his attempts to use the native language are insulting the Waitress at best and at the worst he had just made a fool of himself in front of all of the patrons of the resturant.

This is why I NEVER publically make fun of folks who cannot understand nor comprehend either English nor a foreign language. When I could not understand a post in French, for instance, I asked another person here for help. I did not want to trust my limited knowledge in that language before replying. As it turns out, my understanding of the problem was incorrect, but I did have a few questions about the problem which utimately gave a solution.

So, if you think your English is bad, don't try my German (Duetsch).

James
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

Well perhaps both of us would have lots of fun ...
Maybe one day there is an opportunity (never say never in life)
T.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

AHAHAA! Great story. Similar to my attempt to ask a cop where there was a bathroom in Madrid. Didn't know spanish. So I tried first to speak in french. Didn't work. Then I tried Latin (you know, the mother tongue...). Didn't work. Then the cop asked me "what do you want" in english. Got the nearest head right away.

Conclusion: folk in Europe are offended when Americans try to learn their language and it's more efficient to just speak in English.

ed

(PS: It's a true story, I'm not trying to offend anyone but just be funny...but my french is so bad that everyone I met in Paris preferred I speak english since it was more comprehensible)
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Very Happy
Perhaps some day we should try kind of a world meeting without translators ... might have lots of beer and funny outcomes Very Happy
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Orgleser wrote:
Very Happy
Perhaps some day we should try kind of a world meeting without translators ... might have lots of beer and funny outcomes Very Happy

That would be very funny. Think of the movie "Lost in Translation".

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3