· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - server problems
server problems

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soccersars
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: server problems

I just installed the open office for macs and am having trouble with the server. I keep getting the message "can't find X Window server: XDarwin." I have tried under preferences to use X11.app or Orobor OSX but still have trouble. It asks me to choose the locations these servers exist, but I can't find that location in my hard drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Moved this post to the OpenOffice.org X11 Support forum where this same question has already been answered repeatedly.

Patrick
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:

from the sound of your post, i think you are using oo.o 1.1 and the program Start OpenOffice.org, correct?

If you are using Panther, the X11 app is on the last Panther install CD. If you are using Tiger, it is on the DVD. (not the SDK, just the program).

It will install in your /applications/utilities folder. after that is installed, openoffice.org will run.

Oroboros is another version (actually it is an add-on to XDarwin to make it more mac like). You would have to download and install it.

There is more information in the wiki,
http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com

-j
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1