· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Can't start open office 1.1.2
Can't start open office 1.1.2

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Can't start open office 1.1.2

I have just downloaded and installed open office 1.1.2 on OS X 10.4.4. When I try to start it I get the message "could not launch x window: x darwin". Can anybody help me out? Thanks a lot!
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:

that is refering to an X11 system. the program 'Start OpenOffice.org' will start up both the X11 system and OpenOffice.org for you.

now, i apologize, it has been a while since i installed 1.1.2, however, i _think_ that it installs XDarwin for you. XDarwin is an X11 program. THere is also an Apple one, called X11, which you can install from the Tiger DVD (it is in a subfolder of the DVD).

If Xdarwin was installed, it should be in your applications folder. Apple's X11, however, will install in the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder.

once you have one of these (run it real quick by double clicking to make sure it works), just configure Start OpenOffice.org with which you'd like to use.

(think i was done? sorry, just thought of something)
it is possible that 1.1.2 did install XDarwin, but that version is too old to run on Tiger. If this is the case, then Apple's X11 is the way to go.

hope all that helps.

-j
Jamie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Thanks a lot for your help! I have installed the xcode tools from my Tiger DVD and now openoffice runs just fine. I really appreciate it Smile
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1