· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice-1.2_Beta.dn error - 199
NeoOffice-1.2_Beta.dn error - 199

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice-1.2_Beta.dn error - 199

I am new to Mac and Neo office and when i am trying to install it this messega pop in and i don't know what to do. please somebody help me
Beto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: message

The message is : NeoOffice-1.2_Beta.dn error -199
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: message

Beto wrote:
The message is : NeoOffice-1.2_Beta.dn error -199

What version of Mac OS X are you using?

James
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice-1.2_Beta.dn error - 199

[quote="Beto"]I am new to Mac and Neo office and when i am trying to install it this messega pop in and i don't know what to do. please somebody help me[/quote

After downloading, the downloaded file's name should be NeoOffice-1.2_Beta.dmg. If it is named "NeoOffice-1.2_Beta.dn", then rename it to "NeoOffice-1.2_Beta.dmg". Then you should be able to open it by double-clicking on it.

Patrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject:

I have this random renaming of downloaded files also (for example, many .dmg files will be assigned as file type, bina, and creator code, hdmp which I have assigned my Mac to open with HexEdit) and my work around was to d/l and use, by placing its icon in the Dock, an app called QuickChange. Drag the newly d/l'd file onto its icon and then simply clear any file type and creator code in the boxes (once the box contents are hilighted, simply hit the delete key) and now Finder will show the default icon of the system program that should open it. For a .dmg, it would show the Disk Copy iocn and, of course, when you double-click on it now, it will expand properly with Disk Copy app.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

Just to clarify previous post. Maybe saying "renaming" was not precise. What actually happens is the file name to the left of the . (dot) is the same but either the file extension name to the right of the . is changed or there is no file extension at all after d/l. If you simply added dmg to the right of the . in file name and still got the wrong icon, then try the work around suggested above.
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Do you use Internet Explorer to browse the web?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

Note: I just moved all the off-topic stuff about Neo 0.7 into its own thread so we can keep this thread focused on the issue raised in the first two posts.

Beto, were you able to get the NeoOffice .dmg to mount?

Smokey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

Ooops, sorry for that last post then Smokey. I swear I was still working on it while you posted your hijacking post. Will try to stay on topic in the future. I would ask that you don't go overboard and prohibit guest posting. Our current administartion is very good at stiffling free speech these days all by themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject:

Anyway, here's a bump for Beto, who I do feel sorry for and wonder also if he ever got his Neo .dmg downloaded and expanded correctly so he could install and try out NeoOffice.

Beto, you still out there?
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Guest wrote:
Anyway, here's a bump for Beto, who I do feel sorry for and wonder also if he ever got his Neo .dmg downloaded and expanded correctly so he could install and try out NeoOffice.

Beto, you still out there?

I think that I answered the question on the first go. Beto is running MacOSX 10.2.x. NeoOffice 1.2 is designed for MacOSX 10.3 or higher. Thus the problem with trying to run the .dmg file. I suggested that Beto get and use NeoOffice/J (yes this is with the 'J') 1.1 with the latest/greatest patch file.

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1