Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - The 13th Zodiac sign, or how not to spam trinity
The 13th Zodiac sign, or how not to spam trinity

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggypants
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: The 13th Zodiac sign, or how not to spam trinity

I particularly liked the crisp way you linked to a bunch of cloudless websites to (obvioudly) increase their google page rank.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject:

This (the now-deleted post to which Baggypants was referring) was the third piece of guest-spam I alone have deleted in the past day. Looks like someone is tragetting trinity again Sad

Generally one of the moderator types will see these and delete them (a word to garboogie: your incomprehensible babble almost got your first post deleted as a spammer!), but if a day goes by and it's still there, post in the "Forum spam" thread in Fuzked Servers and one of us will kill it (and take IPs, when possible, to track repeat offenders).

Smokey

Last edited by sardisson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject:

Thanks Smokey,

I too have been seeing lots more spam on trinity during my late night browsing. Mad What a pain in the ....

Philip (staying up way to late reading Trinity Wink )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

This is troublesome to me on many angles:

For me personally, my own "ranking" on google is almost a negative ranking. The higher one's page ranking on google is inversely related to one's ability to get laid. I have personally proven this through extensive experimentation and market research.

I've left the forums open to anonymous posting since, well, I think it's really a good thing. People really don't want to have to subscribe to a mailing list just to ask a question.

There are restrictions on posting including time restrictions on when the post page was requested versus the reply (e.g. humans need time to type) and IP address ranges and the like. Bad thing is that the time requirement does overlap with real human response. Sometimes a single sentence is all that's needed and, depending on touch typing skills, you can type that really fast Very Happy

I have no solution for automated bot googlepagerankspam and, aside from requiring all posters to be registered users, can find no solution. Even registration isn't sufficient as spammers here have shown, spambots will autoregister and continue to post.

Does anyone have any more creative solutions aside from what we're doing? I'd be happy to implement them.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, you should understand this...

In the blocks for the basic trinity site and neo sites (and planamesa sites...)

there are purposefully no adverts. neo is all about cool dudes having fun. anyone who's trying to post them should be banned, even moreso sleazy third world country googlebombers. go get a real education you </epithet>.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1