· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Writer screen
Writer screen

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diplodocus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Writer screen

Hello,
On my Mac mini, the "Writer" document page shows only its left half, to about the "#4" on the tab bar. In addition, the window doesn't
fill the whole screen. It's a bit disconcerting and annoying only to be able to see a portion of your text and having to use the right and left keyboard arrows to get to hidden text. I have poor eyesight (age....) so that I have to use pretty big fonts to see my text, but I'd be thankfull is somebody could tell me of a way to correct these two problems
john
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject:

it sounds like your zoom is cranked way up. see about making it "fit to page" or maybe "100%"
Archimedes
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

To add to jakeOSX's post, are you sure you're using a big typeface or is your zoom set very high? Maybe you increased the default zoom rather than setting the point size on the typeface.

To check this, select View | Zoom from the menu bar to open the Zoom dialog. Set the Zoom Factor option to 100% or Entire Page and click OK. If this makes the whole page show up, you were zoomed in on the page.

You can increase the point size of the typeface in the document, but if you give the document to someone else, they will see the larger typeface as well. If you have problems seeing the smaller font, consider setting the Universal Access Zoom properties in the System Preferences.

You might also benefit from setting the View options in NO. Select View | Online Layout and/or View | Full Screen to give you more document real estate.

Let me know if you have questions. Smile

/Archimedes
diplodocus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: writer screen

The "zoom option" was actually on 100% when I clicked on the "view/zoom". So I changed it to full screen as recommended by Archimedes and by taking 15 as my font size, the text became readable, but then you lose the control icons, so I went to "page width" in the zoom menu which still has them and going back to the view scroll down menu, click on full screen and you can alternate between the two. I've got to find whether there's a keyboard shortcut to do that or creaate one myslf.
Thanks for the help, Archimedes !
john
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1