· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Converted fonts in root directory
Converted fonts in root directory

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curtis Vaughan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Converted fonts in root directory

After I converted fonts by dragging them onto the OpenOffice Start icon, I've discovered that I have all those fonts in my root directory now. Is that right? Can I delete them from there?
knussear
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject:

move them to this directory.

/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/share/fonts/truetype/

They should show up when you restart open office.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject:

You should also remove the file /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/share/pspring/pspfontcache to regenerate it so it includes the new fonts.

ed
Curtis Vaughan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject:

Actually, all the fonts are in the fonts directory already and the pspfontcache file seems to be pointing to them correctly.

Thanks!
rpbwww

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Fonts for NeoofficeJ

Just to be clear does NeoOfficeJ use the fonts in this folder: /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/share/fonts/truetype/

So if I want to add some fonts I just drag and drop them in that folder, correct? if not what is the process for adding fonts?

Thank you

Robert
Luke
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Just to be clear does NeoOfficeJ use the fonts in this folder: /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.0.3/share/fonts/truetype/

Some confusion here. NeoOffice/J uses your usual OSX fonts in /Library/Fonts and ~/Library/Fonts. It does not require X11, but is not (quite) finished yet.

OpenOffice.org 1.0.3 for OSX is finished, and is the recommended version for general use at this time. It requires the Unix X-windows environment, provided by Apple's X11 in 10.3 and by XDarwin or OroborOSX in 10.2. It uses its own fonts from ...../fonts/truetype. It does not understand Mac formated truetype fonts, BUT the 'Start OpenOffice.org' application is able to convert them. Drop any Mac truetype fonts you want OOo 1.0.3 to use on 'Start OpenOffice.org' and it will convert them and put them in the correct place. You may then need to delete the pspfontcache file mentioned earlier in this thread to get OOo to see the new fonts next relaunch.

If you have windows truetype fonts, you can just put them in ....share/fonts/truetype/ (but this may be violation of copyright)
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject:

To add fonts for NeoOffice/J, all you need to do is to add them to your computer like you'd add any other Macintosh font. It's only OpenOffice.org X11 that requires the font conversions as indicated in this thread Smile

OpenOffice.org X11 handles its fonts differently even from other X11 applications that run on OS X and has its own special font install procedure. You will need to add the fonts differently if you use other X11 apps like Gimp.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1