Icons for NeoOffice 2.0

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Aw, Shucks

aussie149 wrote:
Hi Phillip

Surprised Thanks for the words of encouragement, Al.

Peter

Embarassed

My apologies, Philip. I always get that wrong. I have a friend named Phillipa, and I can never remember how many l's and how many p's.

Smile
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Address

OK. Every time this topic comes up, there's a new trickle of visitors to the Crystal Plus site, where there's a selection of icon sets to use with NeoIconer and NeoOffice. So here's the address:

http://au.geocities.com/aussie_149/

See Page 2 as well, for more sets.

And here's Brett's address for the critical NeoIconer program

http://brettisangry.com/NeoOffice/

You won't get anywhere without it Wink

Peter
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Icons for NeoOffice 2.0

aussie149 wrote:
[Hi again Brett et al [at least I hope "al" are out there, listening.

Indeed, I'm part of the "al" out there listening. While I find the 2.0 icons much less offensive than the 1.0 ones, a real Mac set is the ultimate goal (especially as the 2.0 icons have Sun's handwork all over them) and I'm glad to see there's progress on our [Brett, Peter, Oscar, JKT] end and a better framework present on the OOo-code end.

Hopefully that will eliminate problems with black icons, black backgrounds, and the inability to customize toolbars that I have faced when trying 1.x sets Wink

Three cheers for all your efforts!
Smokey

Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Icons for NeoOffice 2.0

sardisson wrote:
...and the inability to customize toolbars....

I know how to do this programatically, although I've never attempted to put it into NeoIconer. Remind me about this when the program is a little more stable and I'll put this feature in for you.

_brett
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Icons for NeoOffice 2.0

berchca wrote:
sardisson wrote:
...and the inability to customize toolbars....

I know how to do this programatically, although I've never attempted to put it into NeoIconer. Remind me about this when the program is a little more stable and I'll put this feature in for you.

What I meant is with the current sets people have put out, when you customize the toolbar in Neo (i.e., add a new button), you ended up with a black spot or something, instead of an icon. I forget exactly, but when I last tried an icon set someone had made with NeoIconer, I ran into a lot of issues Sad (I think, remembering back to the old Gnome set that started this all off, it had the same issues, so it's nothing NeoIconer specific but rather limitation of OOo or the general method.)

Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Icons for NeoOffice 2.0

sardisson wrote:
What I meant is with the current sets people have put out, when you customize the toolbar in Neo (i.e., add a new button), you ended up with a black spot or something, instead of an icon. I forget exactly, but when I last tried an icon set someone had made with NeoIconer, I ran into a lot of issues Sad (I think, remembering back to the old Gnome set that started this all off, it had the same issues, so it's nothing NeoIconer specific but rather limitation of OOo or the general method.)

Ah, I see what you mean. You shouldn't have this trouble anymore, because now NeoIconer is replacing the icons directly in the program itself.

What I thought you meant is the ability to make custom toolbars (as in which icons appear by default in, say, writer) and then send these sets to to other people. I do intend this to be a feature of NeoIconer, because one of the uses I see is sysadmins preparing worker-specific NeoOffice/OOo interfaces....
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: New NeoIconer

Hey Peter,

Been much distracted lately, but I did get a minor update done to the new Visual NeoIconer and I was wondering if you could take a look at it.

The only changes are:
-No command line required.
-It should find the right version of TCL/TK no matter what (one of the issues you had with the last version)
-It should now work on 10.3 and 10.4 without any other software required (cross my fingers on this one.)

I put in a check to make sure the images.zip file actual exists, but couldn't do much more with that (for example, if you happen to be using crystal.zip instead of images.zip. No way to account for all of the possibilities.)

Since there is no terminal window to catch program errors, I set it to open a console in the background.

Still only modifies the "Small Images" within OOo 2.0.

Anyway, it's baby steps.

Thanks,
Brett
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Where?

OK, Brett

At your site?

Will check it out later. Sunday tea [that's dinner to you Smile] with the family beckons.

P
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Trial

OK Brett

I downloaded it from http://www.brettisangry.com/NeoOffice/Alpha/

It unzipped OK and set itself up on my desktop. I copied the files to my folder for previous version, and allowed it to replace folders. Should it work without terminal? t
Tried that, but got big error message. So, I navigated in terminal to it, and ran the wish command. It loaded ok, so I clicked on replace [crystal plus] and got

ARNING: target file sc_autofilter.png does not exist!
Please report this error (it will make a difference!)
WARNING: target file sc_autoformat.png does not exist!
WARNING....
WARNING: target file sc_zoom.png does not exist!
New Icons in Image file.
Building the new zipfile (takes forever.)
Putting image file into OOo.

I ran OOo 2.0. I have a number of greyed out icons representing the same icons that are in the crystyal plus set, plus lots of others! Wish I could post a screen pic, but don't know how that works here. Something is happening, but maybe in reverse!? Has anyone else tried it?

Peter
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Trial

aussie149 wrote:
Wish I could post a screen pic, but don't know how that works here.

You have to upload your image to a website somewhere, and then link to it in your post thus:
Code:
[img]http://www.yourdomain.com/path_to/yourimage.jpg[/img]

If it's too big it'll make viewing this thread harder, as the whole thread will be scaled to fit it on some browsers, so keep it teeny if possible Smile

- yoxi
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Trial

yoxi wrote:
aussie149 wrote:
Wish I could post a screen pic, but don't know how that works here.

You have to upload your image to a website somewhere, and then link to it in your post thus:
Code:
[img]http://www.yourdomain.com/path_to/yourimage.jpg[/img]

If it's too big it'll make viewing this thread harder, as the whole thread will be scaled to fit it on some browsers, so keep it teeny if possible Smile

If you don't have your own space--or want the hassle--there are places like http://www.imageshack.us/ that do this sort of thing...and even provide thumbnails that include the file size and dimensions of the full image (and probably provide the "BBCode" you can just paste into the message here in the forum)....

Smokey

The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: screenpics

Thanks folks Smile I'll do that when I can fix the prob I am having with screenshots in X env. All that happens is I get a screeenshot of a lovely blue background: like chroma-key in film/video? Can't seem to get a screenshot of the screen and the mac screenshot cmds are not effective in the X env.
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: hrm

So what was the big error when you ran the program initially? Was it the CHECKDIR error? (and did the GUI for NeoIconer appear on the screen?)

I only ask because while I thought I had beaten that one, it would account for the "WARNING" errors that you got later.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: hrm

berchca wrote:
So what was the big error when you ran the program initially? Was it the CHECKDIR error? (and did the GUI for NeoIconer appear on the screen?)

I only ask because while I thought I had beaten that one, it would account for the "WARNING" errors that you got later.

If I dbl-click on the V/N/I icon, it starts up and gives a console message

couldn't read file "config.tcl": no such file or directory
while executing
"source config.tcl"
(file "/Users/peter/Desktop/Visual NeoIconer-PreAlpha/Visual NeoIconer.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/VisualNeoIconer.tk" line 37)
invoked from within
"source [file join [file dirname [info script]] VisualNeoIconer.tk]"
() 1 %

That's it. I can only get action via the terminal. Should dbl-clicking launch it?

Cheers
Peter

PS am I causing you headaches with my blundering?
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Hrm

You should be able to double-click it to launch it. In the console, could you type "pwd" + [enter] and tell me what it replies?

Maybe we should take this offline:

neooffice at brettisangry dot com
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4