· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Icons for NeoOffice 2.0
Icons for NeoOffice 2.0

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Rest needed

Sorry it's 4 am here and i need to go back to bed. just got up because i wasn't sleeping - but i'll try this today.
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Rest needed

aussie149 wrote:
Sorry it's 4 am here and i need to go back to bed. just got up because i wasn't sleeping - but i'll try this today.

Sounds good. Don't mean to keep you up...
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: More

So I got some advice from some folks with a lot more TK/TCL experience than myself and made some changes that might solve the problem you were having.

So there's a new version on the website.

Just to keep things simple, just download it and run it in its own directory, rather than copying over anything. And if you can't fire it up just by double-clicking on it, stop there and let me know what happened.

Thanks a bundle,
Brett
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Works

Hi Brett,

I'm awake now! Pleased to report that it worked fine. Double-click launched it, all quite quick too [eMac 1.25, 1gb RAM, Tiger 10.4.4].

leads to

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3748/ooo2neoiconer8ct.jpg

[I found a workaround to allow me to use os x snapshot instead of X env.]

The report in NI is

WARNING: target file sc_copy.png does not exist!
Please report this error (it will make a difference!)
WARNING: target file sc_cut.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_forward.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_navigator.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_open.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_paste.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_print.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_redo.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_reload.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_save.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_stop.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_thesaurus.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_undo.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_zoom.png does not exist!

[I took out most "report error" lines to save space].

Now here's the [matching]contents of the Ikons file

copy.png
cut.png
forward.png
navigator.png
open.png
paste.png
print.png
redo.png
reload.png
save.png
stop.png
thesaurus.png
undo.png
zoom.png

Does this help?? Confused

Cheers Peter
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Works

aussie149 wrote:
The report in NI is

Cheers Peter

Thanks, this helps tremendously. Getting everything onto the GUI has been a tremendously frustrating effort, and it was crazy how much just making it a 'clickable' icon broken nearly everything I had written. So it looks like there are still a couple things to clean up, which I shall try to do tonight, but for the most part, probably clear to start adding functionality to the program.

Thank you for all your help, Peter.

So tell me this everyone: Are people using builds of NeoOffice 2.0? Is it time to make NI work with that?
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Works

berchca wrote:
So tell me this everyone: Are people using builds of NeoOffice 2.0? Is it time to make NI work with that?

As far as I know, Patrick is tweaking one, Ed probably has something running, and James is trying to compile one. The rest of us are all ichting to give it a go Wink.

So no, not yet..

berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Works

ovvldc wrote:
berchca wrote:

As far as I know, Patrick is tweaking one, Ed probably has something running, and James is trying to compile one. The rest of us are all ichting to give it a go Wink.

So no, not yet..

Fortunately, I don't expect any trouble making it work. In fact, the other night I got it running on a Centos Linux box a friend of mine had...
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Works

berchca wrote:
aussie149 wrote:
The report in NI is

Cheers Peter

Thanks, this helps tremendously. Getting everything onto the GUI has been a tremendously frustrating effort, and it was crazy how much just making it a 'clickable' icon broken nearly everything I had written. So it looks like there are still a couple things to clean up, which I shall try to do tonight, but for the most part, probably clear to start adding functionality to the program.

Thank you for all your help, Peter.

You're welcome, Brett. Like the guy in the rear end of the horse costume, I have no idea how it works, or where we're going; I'm just following instructions, and hoping it works!

Laughing

Peter
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Even newer NeoIconer

It's almost got to be a drag how frequently I've put these up, but I figured that your problem (Peter, that is) probably lies in how customized your version of OOo already is. I don't think there is a small version of the icons in your system. So it was time for me to get the small/large feature working. To make the change work on your machine, I suspect you want Large Icons, regular contrast.

For the rest of you, I have finally included a fairly complete set of icons, stolen from the KDE folks. So if you're running OOo 2.0 on your Mac, feel free to give it a whirl. Especially if you're running 10.3, because I'm dying to know if it works or not....

location, as usual:
http://www.brettisangry.com/NeoOffice/
then get it out of the "Alpha" directory...
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Even newer NeoIconer

berchca wrote:
I figured that your problem (Peter, that is) probably lies in how customized your version of OOo already is. I don't think there is a small version of the icons in your system. So it was time for me to get the small/large feature working. To make the change work on your machine, I suspect you want Large Icons, regular contrast.

location, as usual:
http://www.brettisangry.com/NeoOffice/
then get it out of the "Alpha" directory...

Brett, you motivated me to download OpenOffice.org 2.0 again. Have done so. Started it up, got the old little icons from images.zip ]progress], ran NeoIconer. Got the same error messages in bulk. Ran OpenOffice.org 2.0 again and whoa, got *no* icons. So I replaced the icons with blanks, it seems.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6654/noicons9du.jpg

So, things are now happening. Now to get the icons. Smile

Peter
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Even newer NeoIconer

aussie149 wrote:

Peter

What happens if you run NI against the KDE-small directory and use the small, regular contrast setting? Or perhaps if you're set for large icons, try running KDE-large directory again large, regular contrast setting?
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Even newer NeoIconer

berchca wrote:
aussie149 wrote:

Peter

What happens if you run NI against the KDE-small directory and use the small, regular contrast setting? Or perhaps if you're set for large icons, try running KDE-large directory again large, regular contrast setting?

Sorry, was away for a few hours. Tried this - same [no icon] result. Actually, I'm feeling OK about this: if they are being replaced, we can't be far from replacing them with the real icons!

PS Brett, in the error messages

WARNING: target file sc_numberformatincdecimals.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_numberformatpercent.png does not exist!
WARNING: target file sc_numberformatscientific.png does not exist!

&c &c,

Are the *target* files meant to be those in the original zip folder, or those in the NI folder?

Regards
Peter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Set of Icons

Hi Brett

I don't know how much of this is repetitive but, now that we are getting closer to NeoOffice 2, I thought I'd revisit this topic. The icons that I used to get a set for NeoOffice 1.2 were from the set by Nuno Pinheiro at KDE-Look here. Pinheiro's set was updated in January. It's now close to a complete set for OpenOffice.org 2. There are 634 icons in the 22x22 png set. There are 781 in the svg set. Forgive me, but I can't remember: are these the icons you are using in your experiments with OpenOffice.org 2?

Cheers
Peter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Not the Only Ones..

I thought I'd share this: we are not the only ones who've struck problems with getting a completely consistent-looking set of icons for all functions: check out KOffice 1.5 here and they seem to have struggled to find consistent icons for their programs at times. Note the old-fashioned "gallery" icon etc in KPresenter. Still, nice to see that they have a full suite up and going and looking so good.
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Set of Icons

aussie149 wrote:
I don't know how much of this is repetitive but, now that we are getting closer to NeoOffice 2, I thought I'd revisit this topic. The icons that I used to get a set for NeoOffice 1.2 were from the set by Nuno Pinheiro at KDE-Look here. Pinheiro's set was updated in January. It's now close to a complete set for OpenOffice.org 2. There are 634 icons in the 22x22 png set. There are 781 in the svg set. Forgive me, but I can't remember: are these the icons you are using in your experiments with OpenOffice.org 2?

Firstly let me apologize for my long absence. I have been distracted with some other work, and will be back on the Visual NeoIconer front in May.

To answer your question, I haven't really given too much thought to the icons that will go along with it.

They did expand the icons in 2.02 to three sets, which is nice in some ways, but complicates it in other ways.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4