Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Is there a NeoOffice team member who maintains a build ?
Is there a NeoOffice team member who maintains a build ?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Is there a NeoOffice team member who maintains a build ?

Is there a NeoOffice team member who maintains a build ?

Hi all,
Sorry if it is not the right place to ask for this... but is there someone amongst the NeoOffice project team that does the same job as Pavel Janik does for OpenOffice.org... that is to say maintain a build of all localized versions, for the localization team that don't want to handle a build ?
Thanks,
Philippe
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject:

What are you really looking for? Unlike OpenOffice.org, NeoOffice automatically builds all languages that are supported by OpenOffice.org. While OpenOffice.org creates an installer for each language, NeoOffice creates an installer for the 14 most commonly used languages and build 6 language pack installers and 10 help installers.

All installers that I build for NeoOffice are always posted on the following download page:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php

Patrick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject:

Actually I would like to test a NeoOffice port of our localized version (Breton) of OO.org and whose GSI file can be downloaded here : http://www.drouizig.org/scylla1872/oo/GSI_br.sdf.gz

Pavel uses this file to generate the OpenOffice.org 2.0.x versions. So is this something you could do too for NeoOffice ?

I had the opportunity to talk with Mac users and they told me that NeoOffice was very good compared to the Mac version of OpenOffice.org. This is why I am very interested in this port...

Thanks & Best Regards,
Philippe,
(lead of the Breton localization of OO.org)
http://www.drouizig.org
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject:

Currently, NeoOffice uses OOo 1.1.5. I am working on a NeoOffice 2.0 using OOo 2.0 release, but that is still at least a month or two away.

I'd be happy to include your localizations in my build. However, I will need detailed instructions for applying your file into the OOo 2.0 build process as your *.sdf file does not look like one of the standard *.src localization files that I have seen in the OOo source files.

Patrick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

OK let's keep in touch so,
& I'll give you the right command to merge a sdf file into the source tree (there is a localize.pl script to do this).
Thank you!
Philippe
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
& I'll give you the right command to merge a sdf file into the source tree (there is a localize.pl script to do this).
Thank you!
Philippe

Moved topic to NeoOffice Development as this is a discussion about future development efforts for NeoOffice.

Philippe:

Could you please register as a regular user?

Also, do you have the copywrite, or know who owns the copywrite to the localize.pl file?

Thank you.

James
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Also, do you have the copywrite, or know who owns the copywrite to the localize.pl file?

I take it you mean copyright?

Copywrite is the name of a wordprocessor for scriptwriters Smile.

Oscar

jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Copywrite, er? Copyright....

ovvldc wrote:
jjmckenzie51 wrote:

I take it you mean copyright?

Copywrite is the name of a wordprocessor for scriptwriters Smile.

You caught it...Yes I mean copyright.

James
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Cue /. grammar nazis?

ed
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Cue /. grammar nazis?

Don't be daft..

/. had their fun already when Neo 1.1 came out.

jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
OPENSTEP wrote:
Cue /. grammar nazis?

Don't be daft..

/. had their fun already when Neo 1.1 came out.

Why, I take it you've been /.'d....

Thanks for the correction, but the actual name is CopyWrite, not copywrite which was a misspelling on my part.....

(And if you are a real grammer nazi, you can have all the fun you want with that line, just keep it to yourself.)

James
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject:

Now my poor language knowledge leaves me un-understanding (feels like a frog in the laundry ... yes there is water ... but where do all the bubbles come from?).
What is "/."and what please is a grammar nazi?
T. (*wondering ...*)
synp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Terms

Orgleser wrote:
Now my poor language knowledge leaves me un-understanding (feels like a frog in the laundry ... yes there is water ... but where do all the bubbles come from?).
What is "/."and what please is a grammar nazi?
T. (*wondering ...*)

/. refers to http://slashdot.org
In the early days of the World Wide Web, this site was very popular among geeks. Getting "slash-dotted" means that your site is mentioned on slashdot. In those days, getting slash-dotted meant that thousands of people would try accessing your site shortly after, and probably your web server would crash.

"Grammar Nazi" is someone who hounds you about grammatical mistakes, and inisists that you use correct English (or German, or French or Hebrew or whatever). I've been accused of being one, but I believe that in a forum with so many people who are not using their native language, it's important to stick to correct English. We're much more likely to understand proper sentences, than jargon and slang.
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject:

i will add that 'being slashdotted' is still in affect. after a morning where I had been macslashed (similar idea, but smaller), and meantioned on at least three other big Mac sites... along came Slashdot.

and the wiki held its own for a few minutes, a few brave minutes. *cue flag wavin' and stuff*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject:

jjmckenzie51 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Thank you!
Philippe

Moved topic to NeoOffice Development as this is a discussion about future development efforts for NeoOffice.

Philippe:

Could you please register as a regular user?

Thank you.

James

OK great! Done, I am registered under "drouizig".
I don't know much about the copyright but I guess it is a fully open source tool. You can get it in any OpenOffice.org 2.0.x source tar ball.

This page explains how to use it:
http://l10n.openoffice.org/L10N_Framework/iso_code_build2.html

Thanks!
Philippe
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2