· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Open office dmg file problem
Open office dmg file problem

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hightekkrednek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Open office dmg file problem

im running os 9.2 on an iBook and trying to install open office for testing the reports our software creates for the mac.. i have downloaded the dmg file from openoffice.org and have no way of opening the file to install the program.. i have tried stuffit expander.. doesnt work.. im pretty new on the mac.. but will catch on if pointed in right direction... anyones help will be greatly appriciated. msn msger is cmcinvsec@hotmail.com if u have a quick fix or whatever u can contact me on there or leave reply back in here.. am on all day at work.. thx again
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject:

You need Mac OS X 10.2 (OOo 1.1.x) or Mac OS X 10.3 (OOo 2.0.x) to run OpenOffice on your Mac. Opening a .dmg with Mac OS X is no problem.
See there for requirements:
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/ooo-osx_downloads.html

And, by the way, if you are new on the mac, why do you work with such an old system? Do you need special software which hasn't been ported to Mac OS X? If not, you should at least install OS X 10.3 (or better 10.4). Much better, and much more fun!
hightekkrednek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

k.. thank you very much.. i thought i read somewhere that it doesnt work on 9 but wasnt sure if it just wasnt stable or what.. anyways.. im running os9.2 cause the company i work for designs special education software for over 20 states, or 1500 school districts. out of all of them there is going to be a wide variety of different operating systems used by schools.. and as you know, alot of schools use macs merely because they get them free or for such a good price. anyways to the point.. alot of them are using the older versions and i have to test this software with every version of OS.. each browser.. each version of adobe.. and each editor (in this case needing to test open office) that will run on that system. i do this in both windows and macintosh. thanks to ur answer.. i dont have to persue the open office in anything below 10.2 from this point on. anyways.. thats why im running such a crappy os.. am getting a new mac desktop in the next few weeks.. so again.. thanks for your reply! Smile
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1