· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - trinity downtime & SQL errors
trinity downtime & SQL errors

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: trinity downtime & SQL errors

Trinity went offline yesterday with a panic occurring for unknown reasons. The machine's been restarted and hopefully will remain online for a good long time (provided it's not the sign of some type of hardware failure).

ed

Last edited by OPENSTEP on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Also note that users who may have been logged in prior to the downtime may experience some database errors with some stale cookies and the like. Logout and then log back in again and hopefully they'll go away. Alternatively, you can just keep trying to reload in your browser and hopefully it'll clear itself up. If this becomes a pest, I'll go and try to restore the table from the database backups prior to the system panic.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:

It seems the server went batshit while the database was processing requests, so there was some corruption in the tables. I fixed up the sessons table that was causing some of these errors. If you see any other SQL errors get kicked out at you from phpbb, please let me know so I can go through and correct the relevant tables.

As to what caused the kernel panic, I still don't know. Hopefully it was just bad vibes or something Very Happy

ed
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Don't leave Home!!

The server just misses you.

You should be there every day to talk to it and make sure it is properly fed.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Usually I sit down next to it, burn some incense, offer libations, and whisper sweet nothings to it about how in a future life it won't be a Dell and might even have a chance to have a gig of ram...

But I got it a UPS. It should be happy with me. Instead, it rewards me by crapping out Very Happy

ed
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Usually I sit down next to it, burn some incense, offer libations, and whisper sweet nothings to it about how in a future life it won't be a Dell and might even have a chance to have a gig of ram...

Learn some interesting phrases in Mandarin. I used to know a few in Russian. Proved very interesting at times.

OPENSTEP wrote:

But I got it a UPS. It should be happy with me. Instead, it rewards me by crapping out Very Happy

Is it not always that way Cool

Enjoy whatever you are doing on the "Other" Coast.

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1