Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Looking Good, or putting together a distributable clipart pk
Looking Good, or putting together a distributable clipart pk

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject:

I think we should for now continue with the png for clipart and jpg for fotos. Lets continue that road, as much of the work for this already seems to be done. One of our most important next steps will be to reduce the big bunch of clipart and fotos to reasonable amounts. That means selecting about 30 % or thelike from - am I correct? - about 1500 pictures. At least this step can be done regardless of format. If later on somebody has a very striking argument to shift to another format (which I DO NOT believe) we could consider this - but afaics there most probably will be nothing.
Or, Oscar, do you have striking arguments to use jpg instead of png for the clipart too - then please let us know!
Regards, T
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject:

aussie149 wrote:

Gulp Smile I was speechless overnight there, at the thought that 15-20 hours work might have been in vain Laughing Actually, I recognise the potential importance of this project. There isn't anything like this around for NeoOffice or OpenOffice.org There is openclipart, and there is wpclipart. Both are far, far bigger than what we are setting out to create, which is an easily-dowloadable collection of clipart in about twenty commonly-used categories [no sub-categories], for brochures, flyers, cards, newsletters,OHTs, Impress presentations and such, which we hope to be able to place into the gallery easily [autmoatically with an installer, hopefully], so that even newbie users can add it to their program and use it. That's the goal, as we've discussed it.

So, if it is important to do jpg's, I am happy to back track and do jpg's. The photos are jpg's already, the cliparts I have been doing as png's, because of the reasons above [Apple's arguments, the wiki recommending png's for NeoOffice, the fact that MS Word, Swift Publisher and others use png's for clipart, and modelliing ourselves on wpclipart, and openclipart which have travelled this road before us].

Peter, as far as I understood Oscar, he talked about jpg because of the photos. Thus, until now, I see no reason to shift away from .png for the clipart.
T.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Current Files

Here is the latest set of files, including the photos. Beware: this page is not currently linked to my other pages, so you can't get to it from there, only from this link. I suggest you bookmark the page. Lots of MBs of downloads! Very Happy

Peter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject:

Now I have finsihed processing all files, so this is the set for us to work on. Go here to find them. Smile whew.

Peter
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject:

aussie149 wrote:
Now I have finsihed processing all files, so this is the set for us to work on. Go here to find them. Smile whew.

Peter

EXCELLENT work Peter.

I've downloaded them all and sent you a Comma-delimiter DOC file that has all the filenames, size, and folder. Take a look and post it if you want.

It looks like there are about 1400 Clipart images, taking 35MB of space. It's a GREAT start. I'm going to my red pen out and start checking items. Wheee.

How exciting this fora is! (I really like that word Wink

Philip (Today, Icons and ClipArt, Tomorrow ... THE WORLD? Wink )
p.s. Oh, did I forget to mention NeoOffice 2.OH!
p.s.s.... I feel soooo ... happy Laughing
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject:

so i saw this, it is about templates for presentations (ODT)

http://thelinuxbox.org/?p=24
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Peter, Philip, hope you had a great easter!
I will be away a few days, hope to continue working at or after weekend,

Regards,
T.

Last edited by Orgleser on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Next Steps

Hi Thomas. Philip et al

Enjoy your time away, T. I have done litle on this recently: family fun and other things got in the way. Will get back on it in a day or two.

Peter

BTW Jacob, that site is very interesting: he seems to be a very talented chap who should be encouraged to keep coming up with smart templates.
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject:

forgive me, but i have only been half following the clipart/template discussion, but you guys did look at the resources on Openoffice.org right?

-j
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
forgive me, but i have only been half following the clipart/template discussion, but you guys did look at the resources on Openoffice.org right?

-j

Yes. What we are currently doing is developing a clipart set for NeoOffice / OpenOffice.org, and hopefully also an easy method for installing it. Neither of these appear to be in existence.

Peter
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject:

i know that part =D

what i meant was, did you guys check here:

http://documentation.openoffice.org/Samples_Templates/index.html

maybe all of that stuff is included with the distro... but thought i'd meantion it anyway.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Oh, I think I see?

jakeOSX wrote:
i know that part =D

what i meant was, did you guys check here:

http://documentation.openoffice.org/Samples_Templates/index.html

maybe all of that stuff is included with the distro... but thought i'd meantion it anyway.

Yes, we checked there. I think Thomas was first to start searching for stuff, after he led off with the wiki instructions on Gallery-populating. That's when we realised that what we were looking for didn't exist, and we might have to create it Smile . Anyway, thanks j. We're still looking for ways around/through/over this.

Cheers
Peter
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject:

=) cool

i am looking into the installer script for this. i can't promise anything, but it would seem to be something relatively easy (perhaps a customized version of the patch script?)

that and i needed an exscuse to buy a book.
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
=) cool

i am looking into the installer script for this. i can't promise anything, but it would seem to be something relatively easy (perhaps a customized version of the patch script?)

that and i needed an exscuse to buy a book.

Ripper [similar to cool in meaning Laughing ]! Yes, it needs to somehow get a bunch of clipart folders into the Gallery. i think Smokey had some thoughts about it too. Not sure how far he got. Ta.

Peter
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Orgleser wrote:
Peter, Philip, hope you had a great easter!
I will be away a few days, hope to continue working at or after weekend,

Regards,
T.

Best to Peter and Thomas.

I'm still doing family, US Taxes, and other stuff so I did not get much done this last weekend. I hope to spend more time this weekend. Rolling Eyes

Regards to all and THANKS to all for their efforts!

Philip (saving his pennies for NeoOffice 2.OH! Alpha Wink )

Oh wait - I'm getting a Tax refund. at least enough for 2.OH! grin Oh Happy Day
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6