NeoOffice :: View topic - New server
New server

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: New server

While I guess this might not be as exciting to others as it is to me, hanuman is finally online. I've been wrestling with this server for near a month Smile The 8100/110 wasn't cutting it, so a new box needed to take over as the new server for all things I think cool. Hanuman is now the new DNS, HTTP (for mail www.neo.org), and the e-mail server.

I just replaced the server about 10 minutes ago. I've been testing it all afternoon so hopefully there should be no interruption in services. If you notice any problems, let me know.

The one thing that did not get tested is e-mail forwarding for our "shadow" accounts like community@neo. I think they're OK, but if you see problems, please let me know so I can try to correct them.

FTP access for those who are trying to modify the webserver is still not functional. I will PM/e-mail you offline for SSH keys.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Of note: authenticated SMTP relay is not working, but IIRC no one is using that service off of neo.org now. Let me know if I need to invest time into fixing that issue.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

According to Patrick, the forwarding incoming accounts should be fine. The issue may only be with remote non-forwarding users not on my subnet.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject:

Hooray! Sad to see the 8100/110 go, but nice to know that community@neo won't suddenly stop working again due to lack of disk space Very Happy

(Wow...I remember when those Macs first came out...speed bumps to the high end of the first generation of Power Macs....)

(And yes, it works, and FM even let me start submitting an update....)

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:

Yeah, there should no longer be disk space problems. It'll take a lot of spam to fill up a 40 GB HD Smile

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1