· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Please Help. Neooffice 1.2.1 crashes on opening
Please Help. Neooffice 1.2.1 crashes on opening

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhamilton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Please Help. Neooffice 1.2.1 crashes on opening

I had NO 1.2.1 open, with the Navigator window open. I attempted to open a new file and it quit. Now, each time I attempt to open it, it crashes. The new file and the navigator window come up temporarily, then the program crashes. I also got a message that

"either another instance of neo office is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked. Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings. Before continuing, you should make sure user 'donhamilton' closes neo office on host 'donhamiltons ibook local.'

Do you really want to continue?" If I hit yes, program attempts to open and then crashes. Hitting no simply stops the opening process. I tried removing preference files to no avail. I then removed the NeoOffice-1.x folder from the prefs and the program opened, but of course this contains all my user settings. Is there a specific file from there to delete so I can reclaim all my settings?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject:

Try some of the things at the end of this thread and it should get you going again:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2504
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject:

Does this occur again after restarting your Mac? If so, please file a bug at bugzilla and - if possible - attach the file with that the mess occured first. Note: The file you attach in bugzilla should not have any critical content, as it can be read in bugzilla by anybody.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Orgleser wrote:
Does this occur again after restarting your Mac? If so, please file a bug at bugzilla and - if possible - attach the file with that the mess occured first. Note: The file you attach in bugzilla should not have any critical content, as it can be read in bugzilla by anybody.

If the preferences are corrupted, I would think that it might be better to attach a zip file of your corrupted preferences.

Patrick
donhamilton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

OK, I did the legwork. It was in the config folder. A subfolder in there is called soffice.cfg and inside are toolbar modification files and such. The file in this folder called writermenubar.xml was the culprit. I guess it was corrupted.
Thankfully I could re-use the rest and not have to re-create all my customizations. The program opens with a bit of a hitch as the navigator window appeared and filled in, but it still opens. (I since closed the navigator window and it opens normally.)

Should I send a copy of this file to someone?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

donhamilton wrote:
OK, I did the legwork. It was in the config folder. A subfolder in there is called soffice.cfg and inside are toolbar modification files and such. The file in this folder called writermenubar.xml was the culprit. I guess it was corrupted.
Thankfully I could re-use the rest and not have to re-create all my customizations. The program opens with a bit of a hitch as the navigator window appeared and filled in, but it still opens. (I since closed the navigator window and it opens normally.)

Should I send a copy of this file to someone?

This isn't corruption. Instead, it is a known OpenOffice.org 1.1.x bug. I cannot remember the bug off the top of my head, but some custom menu settings will cause the OpenOffice.org code to crash.

No need to send us the files as I remember closing that bug as an OpenOffice.org bug.

Patrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject:

OK, thanks everyone for the help. I did already post the bug to bugzilla, so ignore that.

And thanks for all the work on NeoO; it is great. I have Word but hate it; NeoO is a godsend.

I look forward to when Ooo 2.0 is under the hood.
Guest also

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject:

Nice detective work Don! I was going to link you to here

http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/

But glad now I didn't yesterday 'cause I couldn't get my post thru the system here as 1) you already had logged a bug there and 2) Pat says it's not really a bug anyway...
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1