Genesis of the new weapons

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Looking very nice, but something went wrong. I had buttons in my toolbar that used to all show. And now two of them overflow even if there is still visual space for at least one icon of the toolbar.

Actually, I see this too, or part of it. 1 button overflowed for me; I'm guessing that the bevel buttons added 1-2px per button. Small regular (menuless) toolbar buttons are now 25x27px.

The "there is space" thing is at least partially an OOo bug; it does a really poor job of calculating required space, and has since 2.0. There are 3-4px of dead space between the last shown button and the "menu" button that seem to be required Sad

Smokey

Last edited by sardisson on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject:

No space was explicitly added due to the new buttons; it is drawing within OOo boundaries. Please file any replicable bugs Smile

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
No space was explicitly added due to the new buttons; it is drawing within OOo boundaries. Please file any replicable bugs Smile

ed

Can I apply an older test patch (I have Test-1 on hand) to back out the Aqua buttons, or do I need to reinstall 2.1? There's clearly a difference between 2.0 and 2.1-P0-TP-11, but I wanted to make sure 2.1 stock still was the same size as 2.0 (23x23 for smalls)....

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject:

In theory, yes, but I don't know if there are any additional dependencies that have been added.

ed
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Please send a picture of the tab issue or, better yet, can you file a BZ request?

Done, see bug 2229. I have this issue with pretty much all of my tab bars.

sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject:

Since Oscar also has the font/tab problem bothering him, I filed bug 2230 specifically on the issue of the larger size of the new Aqua bevel buttons.

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject:

And Patrick fixed that already Smile. Thanks, both of you!

Also, Ed, I reopened 2229 for you. I think Patrick closed it a wee prematurely. You can see in the screenshot how I set up the Lucida Grande font.

Quote:
Please send a picture of the tab issue or, better yet, can you file a BZ request?

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Also, Ed, I reopened 2229 for you. I think Patrick closed it a wee prematurely. You can see in the screenshot how I set up the Lucida Grande font.

How generous of you. Calling me a dolt after putting your bug at the top of our bug evaluation this morning and then reopening after it is found to be an OOo bug is not cool.

Ed is cc:'d on the bug. If he disagrees, he can reopen it.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject:

Hi Patrick,

What do you mean? I did not assign a priority or severity, I just assigned it to Ed. Whatever mechanism put it on top of your list was triggered by accident. I was not trying to push anyone into action here.

It isn't an OOo bug when it deals with the aqua UI bits, looks wrong and Ed asks me to file it for him. Getting the standard blah text on OOo when you've just spent half an hour getting a practical screenshot and pointing out what is wrong is not very satisfying either, trust me.

I am very sorry if it got more exposure than it needed to. It was filed as a reminder to Ed, with a screenshot as he requested (see the tab bar in the red line in the middle). I'm not touching it anymore, but my feelings on the matter, or your response to it, have not changed.

-Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
What do you mean? I did not assign a priority or severity, I just assigned it to Ed. Whatever mechanism put it on top of your list was triggered by accident. I was not trying to push anyone into action here.

Because it was an EAP bug and Ed committed new code right before a patch.

ovvldc wrote:
It isn't an OOo bug when it deals with the aqua UI bits, looks wrong and Ed asks me to file it for him. Getting the standard blah text on OOo when you've just spent half an hour getting a practical screenshot and pointing out what is wrong is not very satisfying either, trust me.

Both Ed and I ask everyone to file a bug as the forums are not a bug tracking system. Asking you to file a bug is a nice way of saying document the behavior. It does not mean that we are escalating your issue or committing to fix whatever you dump in Bugzilla.

No offense, but stuffing a screen snapshot that mixes three different issues (2 of which are normal OOo behavior) didn't help make it any easier for me. In fact, if Smokey hadn't explicitly separated out bug bug 1230 that I fixed this morning, the upcoming Patch 1 would still have most of the issues that you were really noting.

ovvldc wrote:
I am very sorry if it got more exposure than it needed to. It was filed as a reminder to Ed, with a screenshot as he requested (see the tab bar in the red line in the middle). I'm not touching it anymore, but my feelings on the matter, or your response to it, have not changed.

So I'm guess I'm still a dolt for telling you what the code really does. Wink You are entitled to your opinion but it won't change how OOo determines the X,Y coordinates that text is drawn over the tabs and the fact that OOo puts a blank space at the end of the right-most toolbar when the toolbar is too wide to fully display.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
So I'm guess I'm still a dolt for telling you what the code really does. Wink

Not at all, I respect your coding wisdom immensely. It is just that Ed has seen fit to fiddle with this OOo code for many months now to make it look much more pretty. He also seems determined to tweak it until it is a work of art. Which was why I filed the screenshot: because I like those efforts Smile.

OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject:

I'm sorry for causing what probably has resulted in much more frustration for many people Sad

When I mentioned to file in BZ earlier on I did have the personal intention of just putting something that I thought might be a potential issue in a queue of things for me, myself, to examine further. The concept of them being assigned to me also was implied in my thoughts; this has just been historically how I have interacted with my corporate environment where I frequently ask testers to author the bug reports essentially for me instead of me making them myself.

Sorry if this has caused undue confusion and frustration...and sorry Patrick that you had to delve into my toolbar bug and thanks for finding it, but I wasn't trying to cause you any extra work Sad

ed
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject:

No harm done Smile.
Baggypants
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject:

Toolbar looks teh sexy!

Now if only there was a way to get rid of that ridiculous grab bar!

(any interpretation of this post as a feature demand will be met with hostility with extreme prejudice. Twisted Evil )

now I should go off to post bugs in openoffice.org for their frankly ludicrous grouping of toolbar buttons in the customise dialogue. Rolling Eyes
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Baggypants wrote:
Toolbar looks teh sexy!

Yes indeed, well done Ed! It's looking like proper Aqua now, it's very pretty and really showing off the new icons to their best. I love it when a plan comes together. Very Happy
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27