Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Neo Alpha (patch 1 & 2) refuses to launch
Neo Alpha (patch 1 & 2) refuses to launch

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llop
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Neo Alpha (patch 1 & 2) refuses to launch

Hi

When I try to launch Neo Alpha the icon bouces twice in the dock and the application doesn't open. This happens with patch 1 and patch 2 too. The original Neo Alpha, without any patches, launches ok.

I use 10.4.6.

The crash report in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/soffice.bin.crash.log shows this message:

Code:
Host Name:      Mac-de-Llopis
Date/Time:      2006-05-01 22:10:10.256 +0200
OS Version:     10.4.6 (Build 8I127)
Report Version: 4

Command: soffice.bin
Path:    /Applications/NeoOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/soffice.bin
Parent:  WindowServer [74]

Version: 2.0 Alpha (2.0 Alpha Build 680)

PID:    29551
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: __ZTI6Window
  Referenced from: /Applications/NeoOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/libtk680mxp.dylib
  Expected in: /Applications/NeoOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/libvcl680mxp.dylib

Luis
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Neo Alpha (patch 1 & 2) refuses to launch

llop wrote:
When I try to launch Neo Alpha the icon bouces twice in the dock and the application doesn't open. This happens with patch 1 and patch 2 too. The original Neo Alpha, without any patches, launches ok.

The error messages seem very strange because none of the libraries in NeoOffice reference this symbol. My guess is that one or more files got corrupted during the initial patch installation. To test this theory, can you do the following steps?:

1. Drag Neo 2.0 Alpha to the trash and empty the trash
2. Reinstall Neo 2.0 Alpha
3. Verify that Neo 2.0 Alpha runs OK.
4. Install Patch 2
5. See if the same error occurs.

In the meantime, I am going to reboot into 10.4.6.

Patrick
llop
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject:

The problem is still there after doing what you said...

But, don't lose your time. I have this problem using my home's mac. Now I've tried both patches using my other mac at work and everything works fine. So, I have something wrong with my mac at home... It's strange because both macs have similar configuration. I hope I won't need to reinstall MacOS...

Anyway, thank you very much for your response.

Luis
hi_RAM
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject:

llop wrote:

t's strange because both macs have similar configuration. I hope I won't need to reinstall MacOS...
Luis

Do you also use OpenOffice ? I had a similar problem sometime ago... I force quit OpenOffice (opened via a document) because I want NeoOffice to run... and NeoOffice quit after the picture/Launching progression barre...

I launch OpenOffice click NO in the repair document dialog and NeoOffice launch without problem...

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject:

llop wrote:

So can you try doing the following? It may not help but if it does, it will narrow down the source of the problem:

1. Move your ~/Library/NeoOffice-2.x folder
2. Try to launch NeoOffice

The above steps force NeoOffice to recreate you user preference files with default values. If Neo works after this, something in your preferences is the source of the crashing.

So, if NeoOffice launchs, can you zip up the folder that you moved in step 1, file a bug in Bugzilla, and after you create the bug, attach the zip file?

Patrick
llop
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
1. Move your ~/Library/NeoOffice-2.x folder
2. Try to launch NeoOffice

I've tried this and several other things, but the problem is still there.

The funniest thing is that I have copied (scp) a copy of Neo Alpha + patch 2 from my office's mac to my home's mac... and it works!! So something went wrong during the install process of the patch. And this has happen the half a dozen times I've tried it...

Well, what matters is that now I have a working Neo Alpha at home... I'll see what happens when you release another patch Confused .

Thanks again,

Luis
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:

llop wrote:
The funniest thing is that I have copied (scp) a copy of Neo Alpha + patch 2 from my office's mac to my home's mac... and it works!! So something went wrong during the install process of the patch. And this has happen the half a dozen times I've tried it...

You have likely found a bug in the patch installer. Can you rerun the patch installer (you might want to temporarily delete your scp'd copy and copy it back after you are done) and before you close the patch installer, select the Show Log menu in the installer, click "Show Everything", and copy that data. It will be voluminous, but I suspect that the cause of this problem will show up there.

If the data is voluminous, please post the log data as an attached in a new Bugzilla bug so that the data remains unformatted (our forum software and Bugzilla entry fields will reformat the data making it difficult to use).

Patrick
llop
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

It's done. Bug #1434.
http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1434
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1