Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Trouble receiving email from trinity.neooffice.org
Trouble receiving email from trinity.neooffice.org

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gltbah
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Trouble receiving email from trinity.neooffice.org

I have a yahoo.com email address. Email from trinity.neooffice.com never makes it there, even after turning off every kind of spam filter or other filter I could find.

I've contacted the Yahoo Email support people but they don't seem to understand the problem. They think it involves my ISP but I don't see how that could be.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject:

Some e-mail hosts have various spam filtering rules in place that block servers that do not have full reverse DNS or come from blocks of IPs that are hosted from DSL/cable lines even if those blocks are the commercial addresses. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to workaround these rules on my end. What type of e-mail are you trying to receive? There may be an alternative way to get it.

There also have been some issues with the "Notify me when a reply is posted" feature that I've seen. Over in fuzkd servers there's a topic with some relevant PHP errors that i've yet to track down.

ed
gltbah
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Email that I can't receive

I tried to register an account here at t.n.o from my yahoo.com address. I got the message that an account verification e-mail was being sent but it never showed up. Then I tried (repeatedly) to get password reminders but they never showed up either.

(The account I'm using is registered to my work e-mail address instead.)
Felho

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: :(

I have been anonymous for a year cause I have not been able to get my password retrieved either... Sad
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

I have a Yahoo email and used it for registration ... no problems so far. So, I would guess that the problem isn't with Yahoo (maybe with your service provider then).

BTW is your Yahoo email a free, web-based address or one you pay for with a POP server ?
gltbah
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: I pay for my e-mail

My yahoo account is one I pay for so that I can use POP.

I satisfied myself that the problem isn't with verizon.net (my ISP) by turning off POP forwarding, thus taking verizon.net out of the loop. The activation e-mails still never show up in my Yahoo e-mail inbox.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

OK, it sounds like then the issue may be Yahoo having some types of rules that are blocking registration. I'll do some searching, but if it's something on Yahoo's end I'm not sure how much I can do to work around it Sad

The e-mail based registration will probably stay in place, however, since a system that doesn't do the validation would make it easier for spambots to register. Even with e-mail validation spambots still find their way in Sad

ed
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject:

Well, my Yahoo address is free and web-based only. I know you have POP access, but can you still access your mail through the web ? Even if your email client is set to erase mails after importing them, it might be possible to find it that way (?) ...

Isn't Yahoo going to offer special email services like AOL (which would skip spam filters etc.) ?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject:

They may do the paid delivery whitelists, but I'm not sure if that is really the case. I checked and trinity isn't listed in any of the SORBS databases, so I'm not sure which rule might be blocking it.

(moved to fuzkd servers as well)

ed
gltbah
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:

I've tried the Yahoo web-based mail as well. The message never shows up there either, not even in the junk mail folder where Yahoo dumps spam.

I'm also in contact with Yahoo's support folks on this but haven't heard anything important from them yet.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

If they ever reply to you, ask them if they have any SMTP delivery constraints (e.g. what rules they use to determine which machines they will accept mail from). I'll check my server logs and see if I can find some bounces or another cause. I know sendmail is still running since other folks have been able to register recently.

ed
gltbah
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Can you manually send me an e-mail and watch for what happens to it? Or would that not really help any?
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1