Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Intel Compile....
Intel Compile....

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felho

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Intel Compile....

Doing my compile on my new MacBook Pro 17" with 2GB RAM....figured I better put it to use!!

I dont expect any response but will report status of the build as well as issues with running application....
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Intel Compile....

Felho wrote:
Doing my compile on my new MacBook Pro 17" with 2GB RAM....figured I better put it to use!!

I dont expect any response but will report status of the build as well as issues with running application....

Make sure you get the latest code from CVS. I spent all day today rewriting sound support for both PowerPC and Intel after Apple decided to push QuickTime 7.1 as an update. That update added a hard link to libstdc++.6.dylib which may not exist for those who haven't installed QuickTime 7.1, so I refactored my code to dynamically load QuickTime when the first sound is played.

What a pain. Sad

Patrick
Felho

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Code

I checked the code out at about 6pm so I hope that is the latest version....

here is where it is at right now:
Processing simpress.tree
Read 148 lines
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Processing smath.tree
Read 23 lines
!!!!!!!!!!!!
Processing swriter.tree
Read 234 lines
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject:

Note that the anonymous CVS server resyncs twice a day; once at 3AM pacific standard time and again at 3PM pacific standard time, so if Patrick was working on this code yesterday you should probably try to cvs update again today.

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Note that the anonymous CVS server resyncs twice a day; once at 3AM pacific standard time and again at 3PM pacific standard time, so if Patrick was working on this code yesterday you should probably try to cvs update again today.

FYI. I committed my changes before the 3 PM sync yesterday. They only affect the avmedia and vcl modules.

Patrick
Felho

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Still chuggin!

Still running along.....Here is where it is at:

------------------------------
Making: ../../unxmacxi.pro/slo/XPropertyTable.obj
AWESOME!!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: AWESOME!!

The build completed.....ran installer.....done.....

Wow....runs very fast on the 2.16 MBP vs my 867 12"PB....

Time to begin testing and see what happens with it.....

Patrick/Ed you guys rock!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject:

If you get any crashes, can you do me a favor and file bugs in Bugzilla with the crash log and steps to reproduce the crash? I've noticed that on the Intel machines, bugs that don't crash on PowerPC will cause crashing on Intel and the earlier crashing bugs are reported, the faster I can fix them (hopefully before the June 5 EAP starts).

Patrick
Felho

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Report

I would be more than happy to report and search for anything I can find....if you have any specific tests that you would like me to run let me know also......you can reach me directly also if you want me to do something:

felho at lycos dot com
Felho

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: updates

To make sure I am always using the latest checkin in code can you please let me know the steps I need to checkout so I am always in sync and then compile this.....I think I know but with the length of time it took to compile i really would rather not screw it up......
khb
Red Pill

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: updates

Felho wrote:
To make sure I am always using the latest checkin in code can you please let me know the steps I need to checkout so I am always in sync and then compile this.....I think I know but with the length of time it took to compile i really would rather not screw it up......

So how long did it take to compile on your machine? I'm curious.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

The best way is to cd into your neojava directory and do a "cvs update -d -P". That'll get new files and prune off empty directories.

Sometimes we do things that may require the underlying OOo code to recompile, so you may want to keep an eye out for things that change in the patches/openoffice subdirectory. If something there changes, you'll need to do extra steps to get the build to function again. The stock build process assumes that we don't change code globally that often so doesn't handle this case without manual intervention.

ed
kalperin
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:

I also compiled NeoOffice 2.0 alpha on an intel box (core duo imac.) Although I was expecting it to be difficult, it wasn't bad at all. If you understand the build instructions and can afford the system slowness during the compile (especially the java compilation steps) then you should be able to do it. I haven't tested it extensively, but for casual use, the app has been solid and the 2.0 release really looks spectacular. Let me add my kudos to this small but capable development team.

I did encounter one problem that i wanted to share. Your ant command must be in one of the following locations: /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin . IIRC, ant comes standard with OSX at /usr/bin/ant . This problem will only affect you if you have installed ant somewhere else and have removed the one from /usr/bin/ . This problem was particularly vexing since I started the compile on my work machine as I was leaving on Friday evening; hoping to come in on Monday morning to a working NeoOffice. Unfortunately, the build crapped out due to the ant problem. I restarted the build and then had to share my resources with the compiler(s) all day on Monday!

Cheers,
Keith R. Alperin
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject:

Just a note: Neo itself does not invoke ant directly. Ant is used as part of the underlying OOo build system, so you may want to inform them as the nonstandard install location...there may already be a configure option for fixing that which is not exposed in our makefiles.

ed
kberg
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject:

Trying to compile neooffice HEAD.

Compilation always stops while running configure (disfunctional generated by autoconf?).

Have I overlooked something?

txs
Mike

Errormessage:
Code:

( cd "build/config_office" ; setenv PATH "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin" ; unsetenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH ; ./configure CC=cc CXX=c++ PKG_CONFIG=/opt/local/bin/pkg-config --with-jdk-home=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home --with-epm=internal --disable-gtk --disable-mozilla --without-nas --with-gnu-cp="/opt/local/bin/gcp" --with-system-curl --with-x --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include --with-lang="ALL" )
./configure: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./configure: line 1: `m4trace:configure.in:17: -1- AC_INIT([])'
make: *** [build.configure] Error 2

update:
I have a MacBook Pro with vanilla Xcode. I just got neo and oo from cvs.
I did a run with sudo and that got me not further, but the error messages are a wee bit more clear:

one problem are the patches... most of them would not apply.
Code:

touch "build.oo_checkout"
( cd "build/automation" ; patch -R -p0 -N -r "/dev/null" ) < "patches/openoffice/automation.patch"
patching file source/testtool/makefile.mk
Unreversed patch detected!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file /dev/nullpatch: **** Can't create file /dev/null : Operation not supported
make: [build.oo_automation_patch] Error 2 (ignored)

and that cuasing autoconf to fail...
Code:

cd "build/config_office" ; autoconf
/usr/bin/autoconf: line 15: /dev/null: Operation not supported
/usr/bin/autoconf: line 22: /dev/null: Operation not supported
/usr/bin/autoconf: line 45: /dev/null: Operation not supported
/usr/bin/autoconf: line 55: /dev/null: Operation not supported
/usr/bin/autoconf: line 2: /dev/null: Operation not supported
/usr/bin/autoconf: line 8: /dev/null: Operation not supported
sh: line 1: /dev/null: No such file or directory
sh: line 1: /dev/null: Operation not supported
autom4te: need GNU m4 1.4 or later: /usr/bin/gm4
make: *** [build.configure] Error 1

btw: GNU m4 1.4.2

Looking further into the patching procedure now.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2