Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - My OpenOffice v1.0.3 crashes a lot in v0.8.5.
My OpenOffice v1.0.3 crashes a lot in v0.8.5.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: My OpenOffice v1.0.3 crashes a lot in v0.8.5.

I recently installed OroborOSX v0.8.5 for Fink v0.6.2.cvs, package manager v0.16.2, MacOS X 10.2.8 (not planning to upgrade to Panther), and gcc v3.3. I used to have Apple's X11 beta 3, but I accidently hosed it after upgrading Fink and some programs. Since Apple no longer has X11 beta 3 packages online and I have no backup of the installers, I was stuck and needed a new X11 and window manager. Someone told me to use XFree86, from Fink, and OroborOSX (because I loved Apple X11's design).

Anyways, I have a problem. I had OpenOffice v1.0.3 (X11; used its dmg file to install, not through Fink) for months. I had no problems. After I switched from Apple's X11 to OroborOSX v0.8.5, then I had problems. Opening my Word 2000 documents, with simple tables and formatting, cause crashes. Opening a simple text file and closing it, crashes OO. I never had these problems before.

Did I miss something when I switched window manager and X11? Am I supposed to do something? Also, this is on my one year old PowerBook G4 1 Ghz (512 MB of RAM; 15").

Thank you in advance. Smile
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Hmm...do you have any crashlogs for a program named "soffice.bin"? OOo doesn't store anything in any of the fink or X11 directories...it's all self-contained within its application directory and a smattering of random garbage in the home directory.

By chance did you redo user accounts or anything during the rebuild process?

ed
Ant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Hmm...do you have any crashlogs for a program named "soffice.bin"? OOo doesn't store anything in any of the fink or X11 directories...it's all self-contained within its application directory and a smattering of random garbage in the home directory.

By chance did you redo user accounts or anything during the rebuild process?
I did touch anything on accounts. I did remember running soffice from xterm which didn't show anything interesting. I am not if I want to copy and paste the whole console crash dump. Is that what you're looking for?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject:

yes, please just copy and paste the crashdump here Smile If you want to e-mail it just send it to openstep AT openoffice.org.

ed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
yes, please just copy and paste the crashdump here Smile If you want to e-mail it just send it to openstep AT openoffice.org.
Ed, here is a dump when opening a simple, small text file and closing it (didn't change anything):

==== NEW WINDOW: 0xc002ce (org-geom: 562 x 160 @ 358 , 336) hints...
title: ASCII Filter Options
res_name: VCLSalFrame
res_class: OpenOffice.org 1.0.3
ret,argc: 0 1
TransientFor: 0xc00016 (client: 0x195f3d0)
No WM_CLIENT_LEADER property
flags: 0x65
input: 1
XID : 0xc00016
state: 0xbfffc680
TransientFor overriding window_group: 0x195f3d0
---- MWM HINTS...
flags : 0x7
functions : 0x1
decorations: 0x1
inputMode : 0
DECOR_BORDER, DECOR_TITLE: 0x2 , 0x8
Original group: OpenOffice.org 1.0.3
Found hints for geometry... 562 x 160 @ 358 , 336
Placing via hints: 562 x 160 @ 358,336
2003-12-05 01:06:37.775 XDarwin[544] topleft != curframe -not really moving window
Sending hack_id = 1275 to XDarwin...
Cursor (32 x 32):
foreground 0xff ('#'), background 0xffffffff ('+')
+++++ ++ |
++#####+++##+ |
+#########+###+ |
+###+++++###+##+ |
+##+++++++++##++ |
+##+++++++++##+ |
+##+++++++++++##+ |
+##+++++++++++##+ |
+##+#####+++++##+ |
+##+++++#+++++##+ |
+##+++++#+++++##+ |
+##++++#++++##+ |
+##++++#++++##+ |
+###+++++###+ |
+#########+ |
++#####++ |
+++++ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
xxxxxxx |
x#xxxxxx |
x#++++xxx |
xx+++++#x |
xxxxx++#x |
xx++x+xxx |
xxx+xxxx |
xx##xx |
xxx |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Removing "OpenOffice.org 1.0.3" from group menu
Ant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject:

OK, I think I fixed it by uninstalling installed OpenOffice v1.0.3, deleting my preferences, and reinstalling OO. After setting everything up, OO seems to be happy now.
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Crashlogs

Anonymous wrote:
OPENSTEP wrote:
Ed, here is a dump when opening a simple, small text file and closing it (didn't change anything):

Just a little clarification for the future, should the need arise - what you pasted was the "console.log" - while this can be useful if something doesn't launch at all, what is more useful to the developers, and what Ed meant, is a CrashReporter log (I believe a single line entry is also made to the "console.log" when CrashReporter records a crash - in your case, I didn't see such an entry).

Look in either your Library/Logs/CrashReporter folder(s) or the system-wide Library/Logs/CrashReporter folder(s) for such logs - typically you would be looking for one labelled "soffice.bin".

Hope this helps.

Regards, Terry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Crashlogs

Terry Teague wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
OPENSTEP wrote:

Just a little clarification for the future, should the need arise - what you pasted was the "console.log" - while this can be useful if something doesn't launch at all, what is more useful to the developers, and what Ed meant, is a CrashReporter log (I believe a single line entry is also made to the "console.log" when CrashReporter records a crash - in your case, I didn't see such an entry).

Look in either your Library/Logs/CrashReporter folder(s) or the system-wide Library/Logs/CrashReporter folder(s) for such logs - typically you would be looking for one labelled "soffice.bin".

Hope this helps.

Regards, Terry
Thanks. I didn't know this tip.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1