Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - icons/splashscreen redesigning thread (finished)
icons/splashscreen redesigning thread (finished)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject:

crap, now i don't know which one!!!

hmm. maybe i'll do the black on the ibook and the white on the g4?

-j, who is pondering
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
yoxi wrote:
pimp our NeoOffice

the only thing cooler than 'pimp our Neooffice' is the fact that Yoxi said it.

-j, who is using FIREFOX, thank you very much Smokey

ps. i am so putting the ghost ship on mine for real.. will help with the horror stories =D
And Firefox (code) does not have a Spell Checker?

I use SeaMonkey/Mozilla/Firefox (1.5 code base) at home/work - It even has Tools -> Translate Page so I can read poorly translated French.

jakeOSX wrote:
i've been toying with a french revolution theme for ....
DUDE, I would LOVE to see this. Shocked LMAO

Philip (Kinda likes the Ghost Ship - in a strange perverted way Twisted Evil )
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Funny thing - launching NeoOffice with the DarkNeo splash made me notice for the first time that with the standard intro.bmp size, the progress bar is over to the left of centre. It's not that noticeable with pale splashes, but the progress bar border is very distinct against a dark background, and it made me 'uncomfortable':

In a sense, it makes sense to have a progress bar that never appears to reach 100% until the splash screen is superseded by the doc window anyway, because the app is, after all, not 100% loaded until you're ready to type/draw. but aesthetically it's an odd choice for the original designers to have made - though it wouldn't be noticeable if there was no progress bar border.

Not really important or anything...

- padmavyuha (anal? moi?)
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
... the progress bar is over to the left of centre. It's not that noticeable with pale splashes, but the progress bar border is very distinct against a dark background, and it made me 'uncomfortable': ...
- padmavyuha (anal? moi?)

I had notice this previously - too. Sad Just a minor detail - but the type that catches a detail-oriented-anal type of person.
I just ignored it ... until the twitching went away Embarassed Wink

Philip (trys to save his attention to details for stuff that "really" matters - like is "white" chocolate Really "Chocolate"!?! Confused )
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
jakeOSX wrote:
-j, who is using FIREFOX, thank you very much Smokey

ps. i am so putting the ghost ship on mine for real.. will help with the horror stories =D
And Firefox (code) does not have a Spell Checker?

There's an extension that will do it for Fx1.5. Gecko 1.8.1-based browsers all have built-in spell-checking for text fields.

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Bright ... Idea?!?

That's IT -
Neo needs Themed Splash Screens - Ghost Ship (dark, or light), French Revolution, Aqua, etc.
Then we can add holidays (July 4th, etc), and Seasons, and lunar events, and ... skskjspo f9iwf wr8ig and jsdjsflkjsfj jf sfhjsfkf

Then Google will have NOTHING over us! Shocked bwaaaahahahaha Shocked

Philip (WoW - I did not know that there was so much caffeine in kilo of "dark" chocolate! Shocked )

\what was I saying?? jk
silentdark
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Fine that you like it. If somebody got an idea for another one, let me know! I'll have a try.
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Actually, that would be kind of a cool easter egg. If one day-- say halloween or something-- the splash screen changed.

People would freak Smile

W
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Waldo wrote:
Actually, that would be kind of a cool easter egg. If one day-- say halloween or something-- the splash screen changed.

People would freak Smile

W

I wonder how many people have accidentally triggered Space Invaders in Calc and freaked?

"OMG! What did I do? Where's my spreadsheet!? Aaaaaah!"

Razz

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject:

"Space Invaders in Calc and ..." Say WHAT?!? Shocked

Philip (looking in Calc for ... Invaders! another night ... wasted! Wink )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

While I haven't chimed in since my initial tongue-in-cheek comment, I again just wanted to say thanks. For those who don't realize how awesome good Aqua style icons can be...check out what they look like when surrounded by lots of other Aqua goodness:

Thanks again for all the work! It really is appreciated. I have the artistic skills of an untrained geranium. The few "summary" panes in there w/o the Aqua icons now just look really out of place compared with the ones that have the nice icons Smile

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
While I haven't chimed in since my initial tongue-in-cheek comment, I again just wanted to say thanks. For those who don't realize how awesome good Aqua style icons can be...check out what they look like when surrounded by lots of other Aqua goodness:

[img]Aqua goodness

Thanks again for all the work! It really is appreciated. I have the artistic skills of an untrained geranium. The few "summary" panes in there w/o the Aqua icons now just look really out of place compared with the ones that have the nice icons Smile

2.0 Beta has been a real triumph of the NeoOffice community...the legendary stability of NeoOffice, the Aqua widgetry wizardry of Ed and Patrick, Daniel Pimley's icons and splashscreen, and the testing, bug-reporting, and user support of everyone...it will be a release that rocks the world Smile

BTW, those 3 icons, plus the large and small yellow folders in the Templates, are on a small "Neo Internal Icons 1.1" list I'd like to see if we can agree on replacements for and persuade Patrick to include in Neo 2 final.... Wink

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject:

And under "user support" let's not fail to mention the unfailing and meticulous wiki/documentation from one sardisson who's demonstrated the value of a passionate committment from a non-artist, non-programmer more than on any open source project I've ever seen.

You all have my congrats and the tip of my metaphorical hat.

W
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
2.0 Beta has been a real triumph of the NeoOffice community...the legendary stability of NeoOffice, the Aqua widgetry wizardry of Ed and Patrick, Daniel Pimley's icons and splashscreen, and the testing, bug-reporting, and user support of everyone...it will be a release that rocks the world Smile

Although we're still a week away from EAP and month away from free-access, I can't help but gush myself Wink

I thank everyone for all the work they've done for the upcoming release, graphics, community, et. al. I honestly believe that this release is going to be the mark of the bend in the knee of adoption of NeoOffice (and, by extension, OpenOffice.org) on the Mac platform. After over three years of unrelenting and draining work, Patrick's created a foundation that is not only rock-solid but is also emenintly sustainable, as proven by the migrations to multiple revisions of OOo code. We've now got some great graphics and some widgets (alebit buggy) to help better visually integrate with the OS X environment. Patrick's amazing work has not only optimized Neo's memory usage and improved startup time, but also has brought us native file dialogs which were the last major non-native feature that is both used all of the time in Neo and also confusued just about every Mac user.

I believe that after all these years we've finally done it. We've reached the plateau of an Aquafication of OpenOffice.org that really integrates with Mac OS X.

It's still just a starting point for me. There's so much more I want to do. The amazing thing is that Aquafication was the moutain I've been climbing for nearly five years. While it's still gonna take a hell of a lot of coding and bugfixing to summit it, I can at least see the summit. And I can just imagine what's beyond. Finally I might be able to focus on grammar checking, CoreImage transitions for Impress, Keynote filters, QuickTime support, Automator, and who knows what else.

There's still a long way to go, but I know I'm stoked about what we've done and what it portends.

ed
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Congrats, and HIGH praise to ALL who have contributed to the NeoOffice effort - big and small. Very Happy

<gushing>
It has been a most ... amazing experience to be allowed to participate - in my own small way. Cool
I don't have "enough" words of praise to express how I feel about this "community", and efforts surrounding NeoOffice. Thank You, THANK YOU - One and ALL!

Philip ( still ,,, <gushing!> Wink )
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22