NeoOffice :: View topic - Office Themer (nee NeoIconer) for NeoOffice 2.0
Office Themer (nee NeoIconer) for NeoOffice 2.0

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you most use Office Themer for?
Developing toolbar icons.
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Putting other people's icons into my Office.
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Cobbling together groovy icon sets.
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Staring at the errors and cursing Brett's name.
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I never did figure out your the app icon was changed.
I did a Get Info on NeoOffice.app and the Icon was the ship.

So I just re-applied the last Patch-3 and everything was reset. Very strange.

I want to thank berchca for his efforts, and all who help test this wonderful tool.

Philip (happy to help the Whole OOo community! Wink )
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

berchca wrote:
I'm not aware that I can change it that way. Would you put it in the ~/library/preferences/Neooffice-2.x/user/config folder?

I was under the impression that anything you put in the user config folder would override the default in the app. At least I thought that the OOo 1.1 config worked like that. But I could be entirely wrong...

berchca wrote:
By the way, what we're dealing with these days isn't the image strip that was being used in NeoIconer. This is the real deal; it replaces the whole image.zip file, and will eventually allow you to adjust every image in the program.

I know Smile. You've made quite a leap! I hope I haven't been out of line, your first version of OpenOffice Themer seems brilliant already.\

I am not sure I will want to replace every image (way too much work), but editing around two hundred ugly icons will make me quite happy.

Best wishes,
Oscar

toonetown
Keymaker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject:

[quote="LemonAid"]
berchca wrote:

Opened: open /Applications/NeoOffice.app/Contents/Resources/ship.icns and found the OOo icons. I did the Icon Replacement listed on this fora a few weeks ago - Repace Neo with OOo document icons.
It worked fine but may have created this problem.

Yeah - that would be me Wink

If you downloaded my zip package of "replace the document icons", then it also replaces the ship icon...

Sorry about that - I thought I was clear on that in the thread though...

-Nathan
toonetown
Keymaker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject:

[quote="ovvldc"]
berchca wrote:
I was under the impression that anything you put in the user config folder would override the default in the app. At least I thought that the OOo 1.1 config worked like that. But I could be entirely wrong...

I also may be entirely wrong, but if I remember correctly from when I was using OOo 2 on Linux, the images.zip file wasn't getting overridden per user...

I also couldn't ever get sofficerc to get overriden per user either.

It might be a bug in OOo..it might be the way that I was doing it..and it might be that I don't know what I'm talking about...but that's the way I remember it. Smile

-Nathan
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject:

toonetown wrote:
I also may be entirely wrong, but if I remember correctly from when I was using OOo 2 on Linux, the images.zip file wasn't getting overridden per user...

My bad then. But I certainly feel it *should* work that way for a multi-user installation.

Even then, I haven't tried actually changing the icons yet. Will have to see about selecting the set in Neo preferences.

Best wishes,
Oscar

berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

I think I've got it. I did strip all other versions of ImageMagick from my machine to avoid this sort of stuff, but it turns out I get the libjpeg from my Gimp installation. It's now in the package and seems to work fine.

Of course there might be other hidden dependencies I don't know about it. Oscar, I'd love it if you could download the new version and make sure it works. I'm limited by my lack of extra machine to keep completely empty for testing....

It's still:
http://www.brettisangry.com/OfficeThemer/

One fun thing I discovered today is that they have changed the way High Contrast Icons work as of 2.0.1. I figure not too many people using those, but just to let you know that at the moment, Office Themer can't handle them. I'll get a fix in when I have time to deal with the whole new multiple-theme in OOo/NO.

Thanks,
Brett the James
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:

[quote="toonetown"]
LemonAid wrote:
berchca wrote:

Opened: open /Applications/NeoOffice.app/Contents/Resources/ship.icns and found the OOo icons. I did the Icon Replacement listed on this fora a few weeks ago - Repace Neo with OOo document icons.
It worked fine but may have created this problem.

Yeah - that would be me Wink

If you downloaded my zip package of "replace the document icons", then it also replaces the ship icon...

Sorry about that - I thought I was clear on that in the thread though...

-Nathan

You were very clear - In one place I had the correct ship Icon, in the other the wrong one. Strange ... Per Your sound advice and directions - I had backup copies of the icons so no big deal.

Philip (dislikes directly messing with Application Resources Embarassed )
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

berchca wrote:
Of course there might be other hidden dependencies I don't know about it. Oscar, I'd love it if you could download the new version and make sure it works. I'm limited by my lack of extra machine to keep completely empty for testing....

Will do!

Thanks,
Oscar

toonetown
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject:

Now it's complaining about libpng...

-Nathan
berchca
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

toonetown wrote:
Now it's complaining about libpng...

-Nathan

Oh, boy. Okay, I'll get on that next. I hate to be one of those 'open source isn't very well documented' folks, but I wish I could find something that told me exactly what each part of ImageMagick used...
toonetown
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Office Themer (nee NeoIconer) for NeoOffice 2.0

berchca wrote:

I should have warned you about this. The HTML is more than a little rough (obviously). It's no mean trick to have javascript check for the existence of a file before trying to load it. So I haven't gotten around to it. For the moment, broken image=icon doesn't exist in the set.

I'd also suggest in the "refining" of the html to do the equivalent of "open <htmlfile>" instead of forcing it to open in firefox...

It's more user-friendly that way (I know that it doesn't work in Safari - which is why I mentioned the part about "when you refine"...)

It's looking great though. If you would like help with the "refining", let me know, I'd be more than happy to help out.

-Nathan
toonetown
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

berchca wrote:
Oh, boy. Okay, I'll get on that next. I hate to be one of those 'open source isn't very well documented' folks, but I wish I could find something that told me exactly what each part of ImageMagick used...

It *actually* is quite well documented - and all you need to do is this:

Code:

otool -L

And it will list everything that the binary (or library) uses - in the case of libMagick.9.0.5.dylib, the list is:

Code:

>otool -L libMagick.9.0.5.dylib
libMagick.9.0.5.dylib:
        /ImageMagick-6.2.5/lib/libMagick.9.dylib (compatibility version 10.0.0, current version 10.5.0)
        /sw/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib (compatibility version 63.0.0, current version 63.0.0)
        /sw/lib/libpng.3.dylib (compatibility version 3.0.0, current version 3.0.0)
        /usr/X11R6/lib/libdpstk.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
        /usr/X11R6/lib/libdps.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
        /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.6.dylib (compatibility version 6.4.0, current version 6.4.0)
        /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.6.dylib (compatibility version 6.0.0, current version 6.0.0)
        /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib (compatibility version 6.0.0, current version 6.0.0)
        /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.6.dylib (compatibility version 6.3.0, current version 6.3.0)
        /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib (compatibility version 6.2.0, current version 6.2.0)
        /sw/lib/libbz2.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.1, current version 1.0.2)
        /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 88.1.2)
        /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.3)
        /usr/lib/libmx.A.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 92.0.0)
Punto Mac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject:

1.A screenshot of a prototype-partial icon set for Neo 2.0, inspired by Apple Pro Apps and iWork

2.How do I participate in the poll?
Waldo
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Cool screenshot. Are these icons going to replace the standard ones in 2.0?

Code:

otool -L

Perhaps the most Irish command I've ever seen... The -L is for limerick?

W
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Punto Mac wrote:
1.A screenshot of a prototype-partial icon set for Neo 2.0, inspired by Apple Pro Apps and iWork

Smile

Glad to see you're still plugging away at this. I take it those are all "large" size (20x20) icons? Still, they look fantastic!

Punto Mac wrote:
2.How do I participate in the poll?

I think you have to be logged in as a registered user. (Are you one of the people who can't ever get the registration emails from trinity?)

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6