Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - The big "LIE somewhere with NeoOffice" (edited)
The big "LIE somewhere with NeoOffice" (edited)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject:

Patrick and I did discuss the potential of having some type of history session, but we both agreed that we didn't want to focus on the past. It's more productive to focus on the future as well as explaining to folk why our tech works so well Smile

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:

I'm not too worried about heckling. We'll keep our talks informative and professional. Besides, I assume that Eric his team are aware that Ed and I have paid US$4500 (€3500) out of our own pockets into the OOo donation fund so that would be extremely inappropriate for Eric or his team to interfere with activities run out of our OOoCon booth.

Patrick
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Hmm. I do not know if that is a good idea. You might get heckled incessantly by an angry Frenchman...

I didn't mean that part of (recent) history Rolling Eyes - more the reason (and the path) to the current implementation model of NeoOffice, technical history, in a way.

Cheers, Martin
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject:

Wait, wait; I'm all confused here Shocked Confused

We started this thread here in Ranting to keep the Ranting out of the topic suggestions for OOoCon thread up in Random Whatnot, and now people are posting topic suggestions in the Ranting thread?

My head is spinning.... Razz

Smokey

Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:

Hmm. I do not know if that is a good idea. You might get heckled incessantly by an angry Frenchman..

Pictures a swarm of half meter tall frenchmen circling Ed, smacking his kneecaps and buzzing like mosquitos.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject:

Ok, back to <ranting>
I have a couple of points that "are sticking in my craw" (english for sticking in my ... throat?)

Quote:
Please stop to propagate "NeoOffice is not just a couple of guys" : this is completely wrong.

In fact you are talking about : two people + (approximatively) 5 people doing a lot of noise ( better word is "pollution"),
and are experimented webmasters +
some hypocrite (and maybe with important roles) people helping them "unofficially" ( Neo project received 25000$ as donation last year)
and providing them communication resources ...etc.

I'm soooooooooo confused.
1. Where are Patrick and Ed hiding the extra people?!?
2. Which 5 people are making "a lot of noise"?? I STILL don't want to be Bad, or Evil! Crying or Very sad
3. What the Heck (wth) webmasters?
4. and most of all - WHO is/are the hypocrite/important roles/moles??
Is it ... evil twin(s), do they have more money, can I have an Intel iMac?, how about a pony, etc.

<sprays Rant-b-Gone. and has to pay Ed a commission Sad >

Philip (truly sorry he could NOT restrain himself Embarassed )
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject:

five people making noise?

hm.
1. smokey
2. val
3. mox (maybe?)
4. smokey... (he makes lots of noise)
5. me. sorta.

oh and ed. but he is one of the two. hm. maybe he is all five as well.

though i am the webmaster +.

yeah. webmaster +, eat that you normal webmasters.

i am sure this was going somewhere.

-j
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject:

I'm sure once upon a time mild-mannered Oscar said something completely fair which, nevertheless, le petit tyran did not like. Razz

Smokey
/unsure of where that "nevertheless" really belongs...

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject:

ah! oscar! i knew i forgot someone. i was going to put yoxi in there, but he just goes after /.ers.
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

Bloody right - I keep out of the kitchen Smile

Slashdotters are just a collection of variously (mis)informed folk with loud voices, so I don't mind joining in there Cool but I just read some of the Eric invective linked to at the start of this thread, and concluded that I'd rather eat my own feet than participate in that maillist. A profound waste of time all round.

- padmavyuha
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Slashdotters are just a collection of variously (mis)informed folk with loud voices

Hopefully you both read and laughed as much as I did at Jake's latest play installment Smile

Oh yeah, and if you ever do eat your own feet, I highly recommend the use of painkillers.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject:

MacRat wrote:
ovvldc wrote:

Hmm. I do not know if that is a good idea. You might get heckled incessantly by an angry Frenchman..

Pictures a swarm of half meter tall frenchmen circling Ed, smacking his kneecaps and buzzing like mosquitos.

I'm trying to picture this, but for the life of me I've got no f'ing clue how long this odd thing called a "meter" is. All-y'all out there need to ditch this so-called "metric system" and start using feet, inches, and miles like the rest of the world Laughing

ed

/dumb american
//hates trying to figure out speed limits in canada
///otherwise likes canada
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject:

in skeleton crew, stephen king reccomends cocaine. but that is another story.

i did think about putting yoxi into the /. play, having him charge the posters sacrificing himself to buy time for the others... but then if i wanted him to come back as a floating monk that may make it difficult.

(should that have had a spoiler warning? Wink )

-j
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
five people making noise?

hm.
1. smokey
[...]
4. smokey... (he makes lots of noise)

Well, as Peter (aussie149) just pointed out, I lead the entire NeoWiki into battle; hundreds of pages of helpful (we hope!) Neo-information marching alongside Neo, NeoLight, and NeoIntel in defense of...whatever it is our brave champions are defending in this week's chapter of "...:A Play" Wink

Smokey

Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
All-y'all out there need to ditch this so-called "metric system" and start using feet, inches, and miles like the rest of the world

I'm hip to the inches & miles, but I ate my feet (2.44m = ate feet, for the die-hard imperialists)

- padmavyuha
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3