Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - The big "LIE somewhere with NeoOffice" (edited)
The big "LIE somewhere with NeoOffice" (edited)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
i did think about putting yoxi into the /. play, having him charge the posters sacrificing himself to buy time for the others... but then if i wanted him to come back as a floating monk that may make it difficult.

Funny old world - the one and only time I ever played Dungeons & Dragons (the one and only time I played ANY RPG, as it happens) I got killed by a giant slug, and then sat at the table watching everyone else's 'lives' go on, and thought to myself 'I'd rather eat my feet than...' etc. Actually, it's witches that float - monks tend to either sink, or walk on water. You could always make it a dream Bobby Ewing was having - there does seem to be a weird parallel between Dallas and the NeoOffice Play (although the NO/OOo debate reminds me more of Bert & Ernie sometimes* - oops, there goes the nose...)

- padmavyuha

* Well, you know... Ernie's a bit slower than Bert, but somehow he seems to have a lot more fun in life, Bert takes himself way too seriously, and it just leads to him losing face - well, nose, anyway. (Sorry, it's my favourite scene.)
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Wait...I think I got it! The "lie" is that we only write code in Java! After all, isn't it really "NeoOffice for Java"?

Oh, but wait, I haven't written a line of Java code in at least a month, although I've been working and adding all of these native widgets, so if they're not written in Java, is it all just nothing but photoshop wizadry?

ed

/eric the white?
//I am eric, or rather, eric as he should be
///it's a LOTR joke, laugh Laughing
////cue excessive comma patrol
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Funny old world - the one and only time I ever played Dungeons & Dragons (the one and only time I played ANY RPG, as it happens) I got killed by a giant slug

Whoah. I'm sorry. I mean, at least you could've been killed by something cool Smile Running around being like "I got killed by a giant slug" just doesn't have the same ring as "I got killed by a succubus" or "I got killed by the gelatinous timecube" (though that may be too esoteric for early D&D play).

ed
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Well look, it was actually* a 'Chosen Son of Set', but the piece on the board was a giant slug (relative to the other pieces, anyway).

A certain irony inheres to this, because a few years previously my dad played the role of Set in a Doctor Who series (and has more recently made a comeback appearance in said series as 'The Voice of Satan' - go, evil dad). Those geek/cool points are mine, I believe...

- padmavyuha

* 'actually' it was a piece of plastic - but hey, I didn't have a life either at that point.

/comma comma comma comma comma, chameleon
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Those geek/cool points are mine, I believe...

That is so cool. I still have only seen one episode of the new series, a crime for which I must be flogged with Singapore canes Sad

(bows before the geek cred)

ed

edit: fixed up bad tag Smile

Last edited by OPENSTEP on Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Well look, it was actually* a 'Chosen Son of Set', but the piece on the board was a giant slug (relative to the other pieces, anyway).

A certain irony inheres to this, because a few years previously my dad played the role of Set in a Doctor Who series (and has more recently made a comeback appearance in said series as 'The Voice of Satan' - go, evil dad). Those geek/cool points are mine, I believe...

- padmavyuha

* 'actually' it was a piece of plastic - but hey, I didn't have a life either at that point.

/comma comma comma comma comma, chameleon

WoW, We are in the presence of ,,, "the Son, of the "Voice of Satan"" Twisted Evil What a GREAT ,,, Honor?!? Shocked
Quote:
Those geek/cool points are mine, I believe...
You GOT that Right!!!

Philip ( just got the comma, comma, ,,, chameleon! Very Happy )

\ My wife does not get the new "Doctor Who" series, But "I have to watch - it's a ... classic, andd camp? Cool
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Meh (as I believe they say in America), I've not been impressed with the latest Doctor Who series - in common with most modern works of media it's targeted at as broad an audience as they can possibly muster, 'something for everyone, and not much for anyone' - it seems to me more like a bad London soap opera with plenty of action and effects and 'emotions' (for goodness' sake, even the bloody daleks and cybermen get emotions now) but little in the way of decent stories or the good old fear that old Doctor Who stories provoked by bringing things at you sloooowly. And many of the stories are just nicked or recycled, so they've done Doctor Who Meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer (sort of), and they finished off the latest series with Doctor Who Meets Philip Pullman (sort of). The big theme most of the time is Girl Power, and yet there are many nice looking young men in it (but that's another story...)

Erm, that's enough, eh? I probably shouldn't have mentioned the dad thing, I'm just jealous of him for having street cred that a 74-year-old doesn't deserve.

- padmavyuha

/soap opera? soap box
//a moth just landed on my keyboard - what does this mean?
[oh, go to bed, will you? - nice moth, though]
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

American version of Doctor Who - Would they watch if it didn't have all the flashing bits? The orginal would have been way to slow for American ... tastes! (They have "taste"? Wink ) I'll watch what I can get here in the states.

grin, Even being "jealous", you still get mucho geek/cool credits! Cool

Philip (are you sure that isn't a "female Moth" - aka just a Myth! Wink )
Fina
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject:

As a regular Jane (ignorant to the inner working of either application but bemused by the politics) I am willing to pay for early access to NeoOffice releases whilst you couldn't pay me to use OpenOffice X11.

On one side I see results with targets being exceeded whilst on the other side all I see is bitterness and excuses. Simple as that really.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I'm sure once upon a time mild-mannered Oscar said something completely fair which, nevertheless, le petit tyran did not like. Razz

I am so saving this quote for the next time someone thinks I am out of line Smile.

Best wishes,
Oz

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3