· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Aqua suggestion
Aqua suggestion

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toonetown
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Aqua suggestion

For the "Aquafication" of neooffice, I think it would be useful to set the default font and application background color as described at http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/NeoOffice_Appearance_Customization

Just as a suggestion...

-Nathan
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

We've discussed the font issue in one of the long threads; the problem is that Lucida Grande looks really bad in most cases.

Besides that, I'm not sure how easy it is to hack default prefs. The grey color of the app (toolbars, etc.) is set according to the OS; it's just that "background well" around documents (and Wizard backgrounds that we can't change) that's still a problem.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
We've discussed the font issue in one of the long threads; the problem is that Lucida Grande looks really bad in most cases.

...and trying to tackle the font issue is not something I do when my binary is shipping in only a few days.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Yes, changing the font this close to release is a bad idea since that will cause a lot of the metrics for controls to change. We're still tweaking metrics and probably will need to continue to do so up until the Beta EAP release (and Final).

FWIW, OOo's control layout management is pretty bad to start with, and NWF only implemented dynamic sizing and layout for a very small subset of controls.

ed
toonetown
Keymaker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

I didn't mean that it should be changed right now - I was merely suggesting that it would be nice to change at some point.

However, the arguments against it are pretty strong - it's not a big deal, it was just a brainstorm idea that I had...I didn't know that it had been discussed before.

-Nathan
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I didn't mean to growl, either Sad

Smokey

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject:

what did i say about keeping smokey happy???
toonetown
Keymaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

...if Smokey ain't happy, ain't nobody happy... ?

Smile

-Nathan
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Well, it wasn't Nathan making me unhappy; he was just feeling the brunt of it Sad Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

One of the things that has always bugged me was how when the strip of icons ended, so did the gradient that backgrounds them. I t should be simple enough to simply change some settings to make that gradient take up the whole width of the window, instead of just behind the icons.

The other little thing that bugs me (yes, I know it's superficial) is how in every resizable window, the growbox lacks transperancy, and so appears to be in front of anything in the window (see the bottom right corner of the "help" window).
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Those are both design flaws in OOo's Windows-oriented design—and, unfortunately, nothing that seems "simple enough" ever is in the world of OOo... Razz

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1