NeoOffice :: View topic - mathtype and neooffice
mathtype and neooffice

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elmegaard
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: mathtype and neooffice

hello there,

i've downloaded neooffice for my intel-mac, and it's just great. but. i miss the application 'mathtype', which i'm using at my school.
i bought my macbook in the vacations, and before i used ms office. but the problem is that mathtype can't run in neooffice.
is there an alternative to mathtype, working with neooffice?
or could it be possible to get mathype to work with neooffice in the future?

thanks in advance,
david elmegaard
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

The alternative to MathType is the built in function language. If in a Writer document, use "Insert > Object > Formula". To make a formula only, do "File > New > Formula". The language is different and the editor not as advanced, IMHO, but it's sufficient for my needs.

For more advanced formula work, I highly suggest researching some of the solutions for integrating LaTeX and OOo.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

(moved to "Support")

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:

Both OOoLatex and Dmaths mention compatibility with NeoOffice 2 (although there have been some scattered reports of issues here), if they meet your needs. (I'm not even sure what Dmaths does exactly; my technical French is basically non-existant, but there are some screenshots that show equations and fancy diagrams....)

Smokey

P.S. Can we get some more info on Dmaths for the [url=http://www.neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/Using_equations_and_formulæ]wiki article[/url]? Merci beaucoup Smile

Last edited by sardisson on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject:

Last time I checked out Dmaths it was a nice toolbar integration for the Formula language. I may be totally wrong on that, though. It made writing formulas a lot easier, but after I learned the OOo formula language I rarely needed assistants, even the built-in OOo palette with the language shortcuts.

I haven't looked at dmaths in years so I suspect it's evolved significantly since then. From what I remember, if you're an OOo formula newbie it's definitely worth checking out.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1