Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - initial caps in converting case
initial caps in converting case

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedchase
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: initial caps in converting case

i hate to post a topic for such a little thing, but i have searched all over the place trying different keywords, phrases, etc., and was wondering if there was a way to convert case to initial caps, not just all lower case or upper case.? It is a really helpful tool that I miss from the commercial word processors, sheets, etc. Any help would be appreciated! Also, can someone explain to me what those other convert case styles are? I am clueless. Very Happy
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

You can, but AFAIK only one word at once.
The way is this:
tools -> macro -> run macro -> Neo Office macro -> Capitalise -> capitalise.bsh

You can associate that macro to an icon i so you havent'tto navigate throu menus.
The behaviour of the macro is ricorsive, so if you write a word all in lower caseerunning that macro the first time it cjanges all letter in uopper case, than second time changes so that only first letter is uppper case and others are lower case,...

Valter
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Less complicated perhaps?

It would be a real horror if OpenOffice.org (and hence NeoOffice) could only offer this feature via macros....

I've added the "Character" icon to my formatting toolbar by using the "Customise Toolbar" option to be found in the drop-down menu item at the far right-hand end of the formatting toolbar.

Then with the complete phrase or text selected in the document, clicking on the new Character icon in the toolbar directly opens the Character formatting window. The feature you are looking for is in the Font Effects tab in the Effects drop-down menu.

Any others found alternatives?

valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject:

That's good rays! I use the italian version of Neo and the "title" effect doesn't make sense for me in italian, but now I understood how it works.
Remember that "title case" leave articles and prepositions in lower case. And while it works (or it should) that way in english, it doesn't work in italian ( (don't know other languages).
Another thing. The "title effect" doen't work if you have written a word all in upper case.
And anyway, you could register a macro and customise your formatting toolbar or your menu so that you can do this task with only one click.

Valter
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1