Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J 0.7.1 now available
NeoOffice/J 0.7.1 now available

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimlaurent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice/J 0.7.1 now available

In case you didn't see the announcement on the home page. Neo/J 0.7.1 is now available for download. Patrick has done a significant amount of work over the holiday to speed it up (even on my lowly 400 MHz iMac) and get the bugs out.

We need more testers to report bugs at http://bugzilla.neooffice.org. The 4-5 of us just aren't enough to test a wide variety of documents and printing devices. If your interested in what things have been fixed simply go to:

http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/query.php?op=doquery&status[]=7

Find the download information at:

http://trinity.neooffice.org
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject:

From the number of views (200+ in the last day) of the NeoJ 0.7.1 story and from the nearly 100 downloads of the NeoJ 0.7.1, it is apparent that many people have noticed the new release. Since my binary link is the fourth in the list of mirrors, I wonder if the other mirrors are getting similar download traffic.

My guess is that we are getting a lot of traffic from the MacSlash article. Although that article talks about Dan's e-mail concerning the NeoOffice Aqua port, I think that many people are seeing that there is a NeoJ release and are trying that out.

Patrick
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject:

Hi Patrick, congrats on v0.7.1 - apologies that I haven't been able to test the patches leading up to it much, but a mixture of busy-ness at work and lack of access to a computer for two weeks over the holidays prevented me from helping out. Anyway, I've submitted a couple of minor bugs that I've noticed with 0.7.1. I may have another one but I don't have time to research it thoroughly at present - if anyone else can try, it seems that suppressing the printing of blank pages when printing a multi-page spreadsheet (an option in the dialogue that appears after selecting to Print in the native OS X print dialogue) might be causing a freeze in the application. Cheers and Happy New Year.

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject:

JKT,

Be sure to check if there are any error messages (e.g. Java exceptions) in Console.app.

In 0.7.1, I turned on logging of Java errors in the Console for this purpose.

Patrick
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
JKT,

Be sure to check if there are any error messages (e.g. Java exceptions) in Console.app.

In 0.7.1, I turned on logging of Java errors in the Console for this purpose.

Patrick

Hi Patrick, I've done a little more testing and it seems that my initial problem didn't actually exist - I was just being impatient or it was a one off as I can't reproduce it. It may have just been that suppressing blank pages causes the printing process to simply take longer than normal - if I try and reproduce what I originally thought was a freeze but let the process run, it eventually succeeds.

Anyway, I'll bear in mind the use of Console for the errors - I take it that they would show up in Console.log and/or system.log?

Cheers,

Jonathan

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Well done

First, I want to say that this is the first time ever that upgrading from a version of OpenOffice (all kinds) to an other by mean of a full install leave me with no loss of some kind of customization (help, dict etc.). Rather I got more dictionaries than before. This is really a good job.

While playing a bit without finding a bug, I noticed something that I never saw before: Hiting command-O (Apple-O) opened the Outils menu(Outils=Tools in French). While this is documented behaviour I had never been able to use this kind of shortcut to open menus from the keyboard. But the command-O shortcut is also for Open dialog. I often use it for this purpose, and that's why I hit it at first. Now, I'm no more able to get this shortcut to open the menu rather than the open dialog.

Question: When a shortcut is to open the menu and when a dialog?
Command-F is an other ambiguous shortcut.

I know, I should have opened an other thead for this last point Rolling Eyes

Max

Last edited by Max_Barel on Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject:

JKT,

JKT wrote:
I may have another one but I don't have time to research it thoroughly at present - if anyone else can try, it seems that suppressing the printing of blank pages when printing a multi-page spreadsheet (an option in the dialogue that appears after selecting to Print in the native OS X print dialogue) might be causing a freeze in the application.

Take a look at bug #52 in Bugzilla. Does this behavior seem to be same behavior that you saw? If so, I will bundle this fix in the next patch.

Patrick
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject:

It seems similar - I'm getting a very prolonged stall on page 3 (N.B. A4 sized pages) when printing the document attached to Bug#52. The only difference with my document was that I would see a blue progression bar that seemed to stall after the first page, whereas with this document, I only get the blue/white barber pole animation in the print dialogue.

JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject:

I've just added this below to Bug#33 - (patch 3) screen won't redraw on return from Panther hide... do you (Patrick) get notified when changes like this to a "closed" bug are made at bugzilla?

I'm finding that this bug is still present in 0.7.1 - when I bring the app back to the front after hiding in 10.3.2, the frontmost window is always blank. It will refresh if I bring another NO/J window to the front and then switch back to the 1st window again.

Testing it a little further - if I have two windows open side by side then hide, the active (frontmost) window is blank when I subsequently show NO/J. However, it will refresh the instant I click the inactive window. This happens consistently for me.

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject:

I've reopened the bug you mentioned and I've also reopened the FontBook bug (bug #30).

Patrick
morph3ous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Lots of downloading

I too am seeing quite a bit of traffic this month. neooffice.bustininc.com has served out 9223.09 Megabytes so far. The most heavy traffic was on the 5th with 2.63GB.

My site was serving up bandwidh exceeded messages. I have since reallocated a few more gigs from some of my other sites. Hopefully my mirror didn't turn too many people away in the last 3 days.

Thanks for this wonderful release. I haven't had much time to do testing, but if I find a bug I will report it.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1