· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OpenOffice.org installation
OpenOffice.org installation

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: OpenOffice.org installation

Hi,

I have problems to install openoffice.org. Whenever I click on the .dmg file nothing really happens except that stuffit starts up and is very busy. It seems that it tries to do something but can't mount the .dmg file. Any suggestions what to do?

Leo
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject:

This sounds to me like you may have some type of problem with your stuffit installation. The actual file on the mirrors is a compressed file with a GZip ".gz" extension and can't be mounted directly. Your stuffit may be having problems uncompressing it, or you may be out of disk space to uncompress it wherever stuffit is trying to put it.

An alternative is to try to use command-line decompression:

1) Open up a Terminal (in Applications/Utilities)
    2) Move the ooo103darwingm.dmg.gz file to the Desktop
    3) Type the following into the terminal (with a return between the two lilnes)
    Code:

cd ~/Desktop
    gunzip ooo103darwingm.dmg.gz

4) You should see the ".gz" extension disappear from the file. Double-click the ooo103darwingm.dmg in the Finder to mount it.

The gunzip command in step three should produce no output (that is, get you back to a shell prompt without printing anything). If there is some corruption in the file or it prints something, you may want do verify the MD5 sum to make sure you downloaded the full file. You can do this in a terminal with:

Code:

cd ~/Desktop
openssl md5 ooo103darwingm.dmg.gz

This will spit out a string of numbers and letters. On the OpenOffice.org downloads page (or the file description off of the "Downloads" link on trinity) you'll find what should be the correct MD5 sum string of numbers and letters. If yours and the ones posted in these locations don't match, then your download got corrupted and you shoudl probably try again. If the download of the .gz file was corrupted, uncompressing it with either stuffit or gunzip will not work.

ed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Alternatively,
Code:
md5sum blah
will work to checksum the file when openssl is not available (openssl is available on all current releases of MacOSX, but may not be on other flavors of UNIX, when you still need to obtain the MD5 checksum).
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject:

On OS X there is also a plain "md5" application living in sbin. If you just open a terminal and do "md5 foo" it'll spit the md5sum right out at you. I guess I'm just an openssl fanatic and never knew of the simpler route Smile

ed
metraboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Stuffit versions the key?

I was having similar problems--basically when I tried to use Stuffit 7.03 to decompress, the program was telling me that I hadn't selected a compressed file, and would I like to try and open it anywaY? No matter how many times I "Try"--ed, no dice.

Then I tried the Terminal route listed above. Two strikes.

So then I remembered that the VERSION of Stuffit had given me problems in the pas with an ISP install file. I searched my Mac and found old versions of the program (odd, considering I just got this thing a couple of weeks ago). I tried Stuffit it 7...nope. I tried Stuffit 6--woo-hoo! There's a file now! Let's just hope it works.

Those of yo who are more computer savvy can now work to explain the difference between 6 and 7 and why the file worked in the older one. Smile

<a href="http://metraboy.diaryx.com">metraboy</a>
the G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: OOo Installation = Bug

Bonjour,
Lorsque j'installe OOo sur mon Mac sous Mac OS 10.2.6,
cela installe juste un fichier "OpenOffice.org_1.0.3_#44515.log" !!!!

Un fichier texte avec Error dedans !?! Cela dit que l'installation c'est bien déroulée, mais avec des erreurs !!!

Au départ, je décompresse "ooo103l18ngm.dmg", puis je clic sur "OOoLocalization.app".

Que faut'il faire de plus ?

the G Confused
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Il y a deux images qu'on utilise pour l'installation d'OpenOffice.org français. Vous devez installer OpenOffice.org anglais avec l'image du nom "ooo103darwingm.dmg" avant "OOoLocalization.app" peut le traduire.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1