· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - who who who
who who who

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabriziovenerandi
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: who who who

who decided to release openoffice.org 2.0 as 'stable'?? yesterday I decided to start moving my database from neooffice 1.2 to neooffice 2... good work pluby, some bugs but good... the problem is the openoffice 'base' code... I never seen so much bugs in a 'stable' release... the base module could be used as example 'how use users like betatester'.

some example: ok, there is not a way to export or import query from Oo1 to Oo2... copy and paste (sigh); the Oo1 forms do not work in Oo2; the way Oo2 handles SQL syntax is different from the way Oo1 did, so some query working in Oo1 do not work anymore; Oo has not any debugging message for wrong SQL syntax: the syntax is good or it is wrong. where? dunno; working on a form and saving often to do not lose the work do not save anything until you close the form (!) and save the database (!); if you have a form opened in design mode and in database window ask to open it, the form window freeze and you have to quit Oo; drag&dropping datas from calc to base put values here and there in wrong column; negative values in form tables became red and all the values became red in all the tables; toggling the table navigator crash Oo if you move to the last record; currency column cut decimal numbers in a wrong way, for example 18,51 became 18,50; formatted column as currency shows the right value but sometimes (...) shows decimal values in UK format instead euro currency... and get this last one: you write a complex SQL query, it works, you close the query, when you reopen the query to modify it, the SQL query is corrupted and spreaded on the design graphical mode; if you try to swith from graphical mode to SQL mode again Oo says you can't 'cause there is a 'syntax error in sql'... if you write the query choosing the SQL icon, giving the SQL directly to SQL without the Oo syntax control, Oo keep the SQL syntax when you reopen it, but... the query is not working in subform, gives 0 values for all the columns...

aghhhh

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Hi Fabrizio,

I'm sad to hear you had so many problems. Base is fairly new, and obviously a work in progress. I hope you get it sorted!

best wishes and good luck,
Oscar

rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

I feel for you too.

I still can't get my head around the idea that this release of Base has no simple csv import (as far as I can tell). Surely the most basic way to move data between different versions or sources.

I, too, am very disappointed by the limitations of OO.o's current offering and I'm not even trying to go beyond the most basic mail merging and stuff like that.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1