· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - No more didgy spolling
No more didgy spolling

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: No more didgy spolling

For all you brave souls using the Firefox 2.0 Beta, and not speaking US English, here's how to enable spell checking.

Download and install the dictionary you want from [url=http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/dictionaries.html[/url].
Quit Firefox.
Open a Terminal window and type the following:
Code:
cd /Appplications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS
sudo mv components/myspell dictionaries

Restart Firefox
Now if you right click in a text box spelling options will appear and misspellings will be underlined in red.

Cheers,

Andy

P.S. If this breaks in the next release don't blame me! Wink
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject:

Gah, they still don't have that hooked up?! Razz

(If you use a Camino nightly, you get integration with the OS dictionaries Wink )

Smokey

Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: No more didgy spolling

amayze wrote:
Open a Terminal window and type the following:
Code:
cd /Appplications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS
sudo mv components/myspell dictionaries

You have an /Appplications folder? Your Terminal app needs a spell-checker! Smile

- padmavyuha
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject:

Of course the Appplications folder contains all the applications that use ppp! Wink

I'm sending this from a Camino nightly build, and indeed it is being spill chocked as I type - no faffing with mv, it just works - but I miss Firefox's inline search too much, I think all those years using emacs has left me averse to Find windows.

Andy.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject:

amayze wrote:
I'm sending this from a Camino nightly build, and indeed it is being spill chocked as I type - no faffing with mv, it just works - but I miss Firefox's inline search too much, I think all those years using emacs has left me averse to Find windows.

Using find in NeoOffice must give you the willies, then Smile.

The only thing that puts me off Camino is that I have too crude control over cookies. I don't care what happens per cookie, but I at least want to be able to set a given site to accept, reject or accept per session.

Best wishes,
Oscar

sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
The only thing that puts me off Camino is that I have too crude control over cookies. I don't care what happens per cookie, but I at least want to be able to set a given site to accept, reject or accept per session.

I think this is fixed now in the nightlies, although the whole session cookies thing makes my head spin with its complexity, so I'm not positive the part you wanted is fixed they way you wanted it Wink

Smoke

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I think this is fixed now in the nightlies, although the whole session cookies thing makes my head spin with its complexity, so I'm not positive the part you wanted is fixed they way you wanted it Wink

I'll give it a whirl Smile.

[EDIT: Actually, it is quite nice this way. Except that it checking the 'remember this decision' field rather than remembering the option last used.]

Best wishes,
Oscar

amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Using find in NeoOffice must give you the willies, then Smile.

You bet! Not least because you can't search for paragraph breaks, only new lines (shift+enter) and empty paragraphs (^$), and you can't replace anything with a new line.

This is my favourite bit from the help:
Quote:
\n
Represents a line break that was inserted with the Shift+Enter key combination. To change a line break into a paragraph break, enter \n in the Search for and Replace with boxes, and then perform a search and replace.

or is it just me that finds it bizarre, that to change one thing to another you put the same thing in both search and replace fields!!!

Andy
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1