· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Font - BUG
Font - BUG

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fdenoisy
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Font - BUG

Hi, I guess I have found a bug. It is impossible in calc to make a word in bold. Thanks to tell me if you have found a solution. Regards
OS X.4 neooffice aqua 2,0 patch 1
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject:

If there had been such an obvious bug, it would have been reported long ago; I can definitely make a word bold in Calc (same OS, same version of Neo).

In order to help you, we need more information about your setup, such as your platform (Intel or PowerPC), the version of Java you've selected in NeoOffice > Preferences (1.4.2 or 1.5), and the font(s) you're using in the Calc document(s) which seem to suffer from this issue.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Yes, please provide the name of the font and we can see if we can find it. There have been some issues reported with fonts on Java 1.5 but with the conference we haven't been able to fix them yet.

ed
fdenoisy
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Font - Bug

Hello, alway the same trouble with the fonts & it is getting worst. I have a powerbook 1.5 powerpc, with OS X.4.7.
I ve tried anything desinstalling neo, reistalling. The trouble is that a lot of police dont work bold, italic, underligned. I ve tried to fix java both solution "use java runtime environnement" 1.5.0-06 or even 1.4.0.09. The trouble seem comming from the last patch 1 for neo 2.0 beta 3. The fonts concerned are mainly every usual fonts like arial, geneva, monaco, time new roman and so on.
I Don't know what to do I use neo professionnaly instead of MS office and I need something stable.
What can I do? do I desinstall neo and reinstall the 2,00 beta version without patch one or do I reinstal the old version without the data base wich parfaitly worked ...
Thanks indeed for your advices.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject:

I wish I had an immediate solution for you, but really I hope you can be patient. There are font bugs that are already filed in our Bugzilla system but we've been busy and not had time to address them.

If you can, can you give a list of the names of the fonts which are giving you problems? Please keep in mind that we tend to test with only the default Mac OS X fonts and no special ones, and even at that we only usually use the standard fonts.

If you really need an immediate solution and do have an older version that worked for you still lying around, I would recommend installing that for the time being if you can't find any workarounds. Font bugs and font matching for bold, italic, etc. are difficult issues for us and it will take some time to solve it, especially if we can't reproduce the problem you're having Sad

ed
fdenoisy
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Font - Bug

Ok thanks for the quick answer ! here are the fonts I've noticed. All with bold most often. Shall tell you if I find others...
arial
geneva
monaco
osaka
tahoma
time new roman ok bold, italic ko
This was with the enabled case "use java environnement" do I have to validate it ?

Juste give me a link to help you if you want me to help you in testing the soft. As I work with it I guess it's gonna be simple for me...

- By the way do you know how can I get the menu in french ? when Igo to the language interface user is only in English and not in french.

- Something else, just an idea when we dont have office on the computer the icon is white, without de W. As we exhange files on .doc with others users (mainly PC users, sadly...) It may be a bit surprising for them and they can wonder is it a MS file ? Could it be fixed so when we save the file in MS .xls or .doc it appears like a MS file ...?

Congratulation for the soft I GUESS ITS, I work a lot with it and it gonna be great very soon, much better than MS office !!!!! You all do a great job !!!
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject:

To change the NeoOffice UI language, you have to install the appropriate language pack (lang. packs are available here), change the language in System Preferences and re-launch NeoOffice. Language packs don't install dictionaries (to install a dictionary, use File > Wizards > Install new dictionaries...).

The icon representing a file format is independent from the file (it isn't saved with the file). If the users you exchange the files with use MS Office, they'll see the W or the X when they receive the file.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject:

Thanks very much for that font list. The ones that you listed are definitely standard fonts and, unfortunately, are ones that I've not had problems with on my system Sad

What is your default language for the operating system? If you're seeing interfaces in English and not in French you may want to check your default computer language as follows:

1 - Apple menu > Systems Preferences
    2 - Select "International" from the "Personal" group
    3 - In the "Language" pane, drag French to the top of the list
    4 - Exit NeoOffice
    5- Install the French language pack
    6 - Restart NeoOffice

While that won't solve the font problems, it should at least get you native menus.

In terms of getting .doc files exchanged properly with other users, the icon that a person will see upon receiving the .doc file (or other MS Office file) will depend on what application is set to open those files by default. See this wiki article for more details.

ed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject:

noisy said:

"...Something else, just an idea when we dont have office on the computer the icon is white, without de W. As we exhange files on .doc with others users (mainly PC users, sadly...) It may be a bit surprising for them and they can wonder is it a MS file ? Could it be fixed so when we save the file in MS .xls or .doc it appears like a MS file ...? "

Well 2 ways to handle that,

on your machine, make sure you have the Get Info (single click on a .doc file and either Control-click one one-button mouse or right-click 2/multi-button mouse and choose Open with and select NeoOffice or MS Office Mac and then select Change All, repeat for .xls file, .ppt file, etc.) set to open the file with NeoOffice. On the other end, as long as you are actuallty saving the file as a Word (.doc), Excel (.xls) file, etc. and you include .doc or .xls on the end of the file name, if they have MS Office or NeoOffice, it should show the correct icon and open with the correct program.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject:

like ed said

overkill I know, but I'm an engineer... and I haven't played w/ BBCode in a while...
fdenoisy
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Font - Bug

Well it's much better !!!! [/b]

I'm Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My fonts troubles seems having desapeared. So It was the French !!!! Embarassed also it's great I can see the caraacter shapes so I can shoose it in my text.

Many thank indeed to you for all your advices

and if I can help you for testing just ask !!!!

Regards.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1