· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - 1.03 can't seem to use Apple X11 on Panther
1.03 can't seem to use Apple X11 on Panther

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: 1.03 can't seem to use Apple X11 on Panther

A friend under incomplete instructions from me installed ooo1.03 on a Panther laptop, inadvertently forgetting to install Apple X11 first. It tried to install OroborOSX, which then didn't seem to work. We went back and installed Apple X11, and now whenever I install ooo it says that the machine can't find ooo and that the Applescripts are broken.

Help!

thanks
xig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: figures that I had to post here to figure it out on my own :

After installing Apple X11 from the CD, moving OroborOSX and XDarwin out of the Applications directory, and uninstalling and reinstalling OOo, OOo givers an installer error as me ntioned about the scripts - which is the same error I'd gotten before and been unable to recover from. However, in this case upon running Start OOo, it prompted me to find OroborOSX, and I simply pointed it to Apple X11 instead, which seemed to work.

It does seem to take forever to load, but I'm not sure that issue is local to OOo.
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: figures that I had to post here to figure it out on my o

xig wrote:
However, in this case upon running Start OOo, it prompted me to find OroborOSX, and I simply pointed it to Apple X11 instead, which seemed to work.

That is NOT recommended. Suggest you first quit OOo, X11.app, then choose the Preferences item from the "Start OpenOffice.org" menu, click on the radio button for X11.app, and point to X11.app when asked by "Start OpenOffice.org". Finally quit "Start OpenOffice.org", and re-launch.

xig wrote:
It does seem to take forever to load, but I'm not sure that issue is local to OOo.

This is probably unrelated, and likely to be related to Fonts and/or multi-user support. You might want to read the following thread :

http://ooodocs.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1322

Regards, Terry
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject:

This is actually a very required note:

The XFree86/OroborOSX included with the 1.0.3 installer is not compatible with 10.3. 10.3 users must use the Apple X11 option. Apple X11 must be installed off of Panther CD 3 if not yet installed.

The Beta versions of Apple X11 that users may have installed under 10.2 are incompatible with 10.3 Panther after upgrading...and the installer is not clever enough to automatically install the final version for you if you have a beta version installed. You must still select X11 manually from the Panther upgrade "Customize" buttom or install it from CD 3.

OroborOSX v0.9 final and XFree86 4.4 are slated to be Panther compatible and will be included with our 1.1 release. To play with version 0.9 final, visit:

http://oroborosx.sourceforge.net

It's got support for fullscreen mode, as well as some good Command-key pass-through so you can use the Apple key for OOo keyboard shortcuts (unlike Apple X11).

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1