· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 2.0 RC/Final
NeoOffice 2.0 RC/Final

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: NeoOffice 2.0 RC/Final

OpenOffice.org 2.0.4 (should be the codebase for Release Candiate & Final) won't be released until October 9 at the earliest.

Right now, Patrick and Ed are fixing bugs reported by users, which is probably their #1 priority. However, I'm sure some of us are already looking forward to the RC release, and the features it will, or may, include (such as the VBA model from Novell, and Aqua refinements).

I've made a quick search on the web to see what information was available about this VBA stuff, and all I've found so far is the wiki page :

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/VBA

From what I can see in IssueZilla (where they filed the following issues : 68898, 68897, 68895, 68894, 68883, 64884 and 64882), the upstreaming process has been "started", but I'm not sure how far away we are from seeing it integrated in the main codebase (I know the process is slow, but that's pretty much all I know about upstreaming code to OOo). However, since there is no resolution and that the target milestone is "OOo 2.x", I believe it can be safely assumed that it won't be included in 2.0.4.

What I'd like to know is what we can expect from 2.0 Final (some information was already covered in the OOoCon presentations, but things may have changed since then).
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject:

The big ones I'm hoping for from final would be 2.0.4 compatibility, finishing up the remaining dangling Aqua stuff, adding ShapeShifter style support for accessibility, and the VBA support. All of those guys are pretty large tasks, actually but I'm hoping that they can get done in time. Thanks for doing a little poking around on the VBA code. The links for the various IZ issues are helpful and I'll start examining that. The VBA itself is included as part of the ooo-build system that is used by the Novell team for that as well as some other functionality that hasn't made it into the core product. I'm thinking of trying to find a way to integrate portions of that build system into our own as there's not only the VBA stuff but maybe other stuff as well.

I honestly haven't had time to tackle that yet and have been trying to work on a couple of bugs that got filed. I think I'm only about halfway through my bug list Sad Both Patrick and I tend to be of the same mindset that we want to get it working before we start ripping the guts out and adding something new Wink

ed
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
I'm thinking of trying to find a way to integrate portions of that build system into our own as there's not only the VBA stuff but maybe other stuff as well.

That's what I expected. I was wondering whether you'd made any progress in finding the way to do it, but it looks like you haven't :

OPENSTEP wrote:
I honestly haven't had time to tackle that yet and have been trying to work on a couple of bugs that got filed. I think I'm only about halfway through my bug list Sad Both Patrick and I tend to be of the same mindset that we want to get it working before we start ripping the guts out and adding something new Wink

Of course, one of the great things with Neo is that even Alpha releases are quite stable Smile Hope you'll get through the full list eventually.

If I can do anything to help you (that doesn't invlove coding, or anything I'm not good at), feel free to ask.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Of course, one of the great things with Neo is that even Alpha releases are quite stable Smile Hope you'll get through the full list eventually.

If I can do anything to help you (that doesn't invlove coding, or anything I'm not good at), feel free to ask.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll get through it Smile I can't think of anything right now, but the research into the VBA stuff is really helpful to me. I really should go online and watch that preso I missed at OOoCon.

In the meantime see if you can get Sun to stop introducing custom controls into the source code for wizards Wink

ed
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
In the meantime see if you can get Sun to stop introducing custom controls into the source code for wizards Wink

No problem. I'll just give Scott a call ...
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
No problem. I'll just give Scott a call ...

When you do please remind him that he still hasn't sent me my beer.

ed
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject:

He'd like to but unfortunately the ingredients still haven't been upstreamed Smile Of course, he wouldn't send you any beer without its source code ...
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
He'd like to but unfortunately the ingredients still haven't been upstreamed Smile

It's very difficult to e-mail good hops...

ed

/rofl!
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:

...and the trouble with mailing beer around is that the next thing you know, it's become a torrent...
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:

Watch out...network trouble = too many bad hops.

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Just to get back on topic, I was wondering if we could ship the release version with a righteous set of icons.. I think we have 80% covered now (some more, if I look at my private replacements, which include some recycling from other sets).

I will look into fixing the wraparound icons in the near future, but after that I am a bit out of ideas. Also, I think Iconic needs a few more icons to be sorted out, as well as a way to stuff them in language-specific subfiles.

Best wishes,
Oscar

P.S. These are the icons I think need inspiration:

bmpmask.png Eyedropper
countall.png Records
formfiltered.png Apply Filter
goalseekdialog.png Goal Seek
insertcurrencyfield.png Currency Field
imagemapdialog.png ImageMap
mirror.png Flip
numberformatcurrency.png Number Format: Currency
numberformatdate.png Number Format : Date
numberformatpercent.png Number Format: Percent
numberformatscientific.png Number Format: Exponential
numberformatstandard.png Number Format: Standard
objects3dtoolbox.png 3D Objects
searchdialog.png Find & Replace
solidcreate.png Create Object with Attributes

all of the 'glue' icons
all of the 'extrusion' icons
many 'grouping' icons (Armando replaced only one or two so far).
the 'callout' icons
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Just to get back on topic, I was wondering if we could ship the release version with a righteous set of icons.. I think we have 80% covered now (some more, if I look at my private replacements, which include some recycling from other sets).

What's the schedule for Aqua Final? I've been very busy recently with other projects Smile and work Sad but hopefully I'll now have time to help Armando. A complete Aqua/Akua icon set for Final would be the perfect compliment for all Ed's native widgets.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject:

We currently do not have any solid schedule. We're thinking more towards the end of the year right now, but that's all subject to change depending on how smoothly all of the bug fixing from AB goes and how long it takes us to get the features in for final.

ed
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
hopefully I'll now have time to help Armando. A complete Aqua/Akua icon set for Final would be the perfect compliment for all Ed's native widgets.

Sweet! I'm looking forward to the rabbits you will be pulling out of your hat this time Smile.

-Oz
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:

Sweet! I'm looking forward to the rabbits you will be pulling out of your hat this time Smile.

There are some things Ed pulls out that you would rather not see. ROFL (and kicking)
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2