Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - 11g pc card for tibook/tiger?
11g pc card for tibook/tiger?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: 11g pc card for tibook/tiger?

Hello there

A shot in the dark, but can anyone recommend a pcmcia 11g wireless card that will work out of the box with my tibook 400MHz running tiger? I know about Macwireless, but I can't find a supplier in the UK for those, so any other suggestions would be very welcome - the AGM of our charity is in a couple of weeks, and we need to do skype conferencing with my colleague in Portsmouth NH! (Ohhh, feeel the urge to buy the macbook... help...)

Thanks

- padmavyuha
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Found a solution - it's called a Buffalo. You introduce it into the meeting, everyone runs out screaming, you go out and have a capuccino in the sun, watch the buffalo eat grass. Wifi... give me wildlife any day. Meeting adjourned on account of buffalo - oh, let it be entered in the minutes.

- padmavyuha

No, seriously though, there's a pc card made by buffalo that OWC say works natively in 10.3 and upwards. I've just got one on eBay, so let's see if the deer and the antelope roam in the tiger's habitat. 'n'stuff.

My signal strength is weak tonight.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

grin-ning

Buffalo has been making WiFi cards used in a lot of systems for some time. IIRC - a lot of wireless card in the past had Buffalo cores inside. If the drivers run correctly you "should" be in ... good shape.

Philip ( "where the Dear and Buffalo roam" ? Wink )

\Buy?!? a MacBook? Naaa I "heard" that they are all bad and you don't want one. (at least until "I" get mine?) Rolling Eyes
\\ Use the ... Fax? The farce is strong in you - yoxi Laughing
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject:

Buffaloes in Cambridge ? Sounds worrying ... perhaps I should adjourn my trip to the UK until the RSPCA (or any competent organization) takes care of them Very Happy
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:

I was going to write 'buffalos can take carre of themselves' but there's some evidence to suggest otherwise. Still, as we used to say in London: What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison? You can't wash your hands in a buffalo.

Actually, if this pcmcia card works, it'll make my tibook a lot more saleable, since you can't get apple airport for this model that'll do 11g (i.e. 54Mbits/s). I'm just waiting for my student card - this counselling training is affiliated with the University of East London, so I'm going to be eligible for educational discounts, but not until the admin dept. pulls its finger out and gets us registered. 'The UeL sent you an email telling you how to register, but you haven't replied to it'? Really... and this after they made us fill in a paper application anyway. Ah, a lesson in patience. Still, by the time I get my student status the macs will have got cheaper, or faster, or *something* Cool

- padmavyuha
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1