Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OH NO 1.1, now what? - Uninstall?
OH NO 1.1, now what? - Uninstall?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefferis
Red Pill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: OH NO 1.1, now what? - Uninstall?

I was having trouble with 1.0.3 OpenOffice, because it kept saying Permission denied in the Console log when I tried to start it via X11. So, I uninstalled it and downloaded the version link from the mirror and reinstalled. I got 1.1 but there are NO OpenOffice apps or Startup Org features with this install, just invisible folders .gnome. Plus there is NO uninstall app. Now I feel like I've made a big mistake. I thought 1.1 must be wrong, but I checked the downloaded file and it said "Mac" on it, so I continued with the install. Now I see from the forum that this is an alpha version.

So, how do I uninstall this freak? Can I just reinstall 1.0.3 overtop of it or use 03's uninstall to get rid of it? ?

Then does 03 work with Panther and if so, how do I get permissions set with 1.0.3 to get the thing to run??
My X11 came with Panther and says version 1.0 -XFree86 4.3.0

THANKS
jefferis
Red Pill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Got it working

Smile

See my other post. I reinstalled 1.0.3 and got it working.

I guess my question is by previously running uninstall app from 1.0.3, did it remove all files of my mistaken 1.1 install?

Thanks
Jeff
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject:

The uninstaller that's in the OpenOffice.org1.0.3 directory does not remove the files from the OpenOffice.org1.1.x X11 based installers. It only removes whatever files were put onto the computer by the 1.0.3 installer. It doesn't even completely remove all of the files...some fonts and such still need to be deleted manually to completely uninstall 1.0.3.

To manually remove 1.1, just find the folder into which you installed it and drag it to the trash. It should essentially be self contained. There are still some hidden files that will be left in your home directory if you really feel a need to get rid of everything, but many of those are shared by 1.0.3 and will reappear.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1