Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Losing keyboard with patch 4 and 5
Losing keyboard with patch 4 and 5

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barefootguru
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Losing keyboard with patch 4 and 5

I haven't narrowed this down properly yet, but thought I'd post an early notice:

After both patch 4 and 5 (NeoOffice-2.0_Aqua_Beta_3-Patch-5-PowerPC) I'm sometimes losing keyboard shortcuts and even the whole keyboard. I've only been working in Calc.

When using the keyboard to copy & paste (command-c, v) the menu never flashes and nothing happens. When selecting the menu items it works fine.

When I couldn't type anything into a spreadsheet, switching to another window and back again fixed it. Buttons and menus were still working.

Will post again if I find a trigger.

Update: sometimes happens after using ctrl and Insert Row or Insert Column. Sometimes Calc says there not enough room left on the sheet (but works fine if quit and go back in). Has happened in two different spreadsheets.

10.4.8, Java 5.

Cheers
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if this helps, but I get a notice that my spreadsheet is at maximum size (or something like that) when I have formatted an entire row and then try to insert a cell. Killing a few columns at the end allows for more space.

For some reason, they all get marked as containing something, even if it is only propagated formatting.

Best wishes,
Oscar
phytonix
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:

I experienced it just now. I was using patch 5. I had no such problem with patch 4.
Now I upgraded to patch 6. Hope situation changes.

Update:
problem still exist in patch 6.
And it seems it is because there are too many contents in the worksheet.
Because in the other worksheet with less contents, it doesn't do that.
And the loss of keyboard might be something lagging. Because now when I copy things into it, I will not see things pasted immediately but I have to wait, or switch to another app and switch back.

Also the trigger might be tooltip in worksheet has a lot of content.
In Calc, if I type =a
average() tooltip come up, and I lose keyboard, can't input anything. But if I press =a (pp) -> pp, i will not see
and switch window and back
I will see =app
barefootguru
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Losing keyboard with patch 4 and 5

barefootguru wrote:
After both patch 4 and 5 (NeoOffice-2.0_Aqua_Beta_3-Patch-5-PowerPC) I'm sometimes losing keyboard shortcuts and even the whole keyboard. I've only been working in Calc.

This appears to be the same bug as posted about here http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3390 so we'll carry on there…
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject:

FWIW, you've just posted a link to this thread, in this thread ...
JaySnow
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Same Problem

I'm experiencing the same problem, but with NeoOffice Writer (have NeoOffice Aqua). After installing patch 6 this morning, every time I click out of NeoOffice to look at something in Firefox or Safari and then go back to NeoOffice to begin typing, my keyboard doesn't work. I've figured out that if I save using the mouse instead of 'apple s', and then close the window and reopen it, as long as I haven't clicked on a different application in the mean time, it all works fine. I saw something that somebody typed earlier about there being too much stuff in a worksheet, could this be the case with a writing document, too? It was a 5 page document that I was having problems with.

Thanks,
Jay
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

Please read the last few comments in this thread and try out the test patch in bug 1715.

Patrick
barefootguru
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
FWIW, you've just posted a link to this thread, in this thread ...

Oops, too much copying & pasting! pluby's linked in the correct thread.
JaySnow
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: What test patch?

Pluby, what test patch for bug 1715? How do I download it?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Read bug 1715.

Patrick
JaySnow
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Does that mean the bug has been fixed and was in the last patch or NOO is working on it and will be included in the next patch? Sorry for being so bothersome.
barefootguru
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

JaySnow wrote:
Does that mean the bug has been fixed and was in the last patch or NOO is working on it and will be included in the next patch? Sorry for being so bothersome.

Check the referenced thread http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3383

A test patch has been released, with mixed results (fixed it for some users, not others).
JaySnow
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:

thanks
Manuzzi
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:

barefootguru wrote:
JaySnow wrote:

Check the referenced thread http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3383

A test patch has been released, with mixed results (fixed it for some users, not others).

I am using patch 7 on a power pc. I have also got the keyboard freezing problem. Never experienced it before. Hard to track in what occasion it does happen.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Manuzzi wrote:
I am using patch 7 on a power pc. I have also got the keyboard freezing problem. Never experienced it before. Hard to track in what occasion it does happen.

Have you tried with the latest test patch in bug 1715?

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2