Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - margins on NeoWriter document
margins on NeoWriter document

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: margins on NeoWriter document

I confess that I use Wordperfect on my pc windows... and I love it (this is the reason for my encounter with Neooffice: looking for an app in mac that can open *.wpd: there are many priests and mons. who uses this program here in Vatican).
This word processor have an easy way to make all the margins equal on a document. Is possible to add an similar way to do this in NeoWriter?

It's only a suggestion: I don't know if this is the place to do that!
Greetings from Rome!
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject:

If you want to set the width of the margins, go to menu
Format > Page… > Page > Margins. The default margins are all 2,00cm.

You will have more details in the wiki :

http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/Editing_Default_Styles_and_Using_Templates

Jacqueline
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject:

I think is not what he wants to do. In WordPerfect (in my opinion the best wordprocessor ever) in the page where you set page margins there is a checkbox that makes all margins equal at once.
I think there isn't this feature in OOo and so in Neo, even if I think it's possible to write a macro for that and assign an icon to that macro...

Valter
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject:

that is, Valter. I know that this feature is not in Neo, but I want to know if it's possible to do it in the "future"...

Thanks,
Rodrigo
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject:

The vast majority of the features of Neo come straight from OpenOffice.org code, so Neo development is mostly porting and little bits of Mac integration. Adding "core" features to the app is done by the OpenOffice.org developers, so most bugs in program functionality and feature requests should be reported to the OOo IssueZilla instead.

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject:

Excuse me, Sardisson. I want to understand better.
When I have a suggestion, first have to see OO and if it is a feature that comes in OO and not in NeoO, I can put it here and ask if it is possible. If doesn't come in OO, I have to ask for it to OO developers? Is that...?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:

Exactly. Unfortunately, the current scope of the NeoOffice project is limited by resources to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X, and fixing OpenOffice.org feature bugs is outside that scope.

In other words, our user donation levels provide just enough money to handle maintaining our cown code plus moving it to the latest OOo release roughly every six months.

Patrick
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Unfortunately, the current scope of the NeoOffice project is limited by resources to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X, and fixing OpenOffice.org feature bugs is outside that scope.

Stated in another way:

NeoOffice is a project for making a version of OpenOffice.org available to run natively on Mac OS X.
That means without having to run X11.

All the time, and resources available, are used for just that effort.

NeoOffice is not a "new" program. It's not making Design and/or function changes to OpenOffice.org.
All design and function changes need to be submitted to the main OpenOffice.org project. They may, or may not, add the chages to a future version.

Note that OpenOffice.org is a HUGE program. Bigger than most programs you will ever use. There are over 8 million lines of code, running on multiple Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, Solais, Mac OS, ...), AND multiple languages.
It's big enough to give dozens of programers ... bad dreams!

It's a task greater than any one person could manage.
It requires many contributers, from around the world, to add new features and fix any problems found.

I'm sorry that the NeoOffice developers (both of them! Laughing ) can't offer you more.
It's (probably) all they can do to keep up with the work currently.

AND - Thank you for your kind words about NeoOffice. The Neo community truly appreciates your comments.
It's truly a labor of love making it available to all the users around the world.

Philip ( wishes he had the money to fully fund NeoOffice, or pay a much larger share. Embarassed )
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

Ok.Thanks and sorry if I irritate you, Philip. Only I didn't understand the "effort" and want to help. I am not a "programmer", and use the word processor as a step to prepare books.
I hope that knowing better the "sistem" (thanks for your explications), can help with my little, little, little contribution and comments here.

Roy (an inexperienced and beginner friend of Trinity who wants only to help, not disturbate!) Wink
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

RoyFocker wrote:
Ok.Thanks and sorry if I irritate you, Philip. Only I didn't understand the "effort" and want to help. I am not a "programmer", and use the word processor as a step to prepare books.
I hope that knowing better the "sistem" (thanks for your explications), can help with my little, little, little contribution and comments here.

Roy (an inexperienced and beginner friend of Trinity who wants only to help, not disturbate!) Wink
Roy, You did not irritate me. I'm sorry if it sounded that way. Embarassed
We (Trinity community members) welcome your comments.

Because you said you were in Italy, I was very detailed in my explications. All these details can be very hard to understand, even before they are translated into another language. I meant no dis-respect.
It took me many months to understand just "some" of the many details about NeoOffice. We did not start out knowing all these details. I learn something new weekly on the Trinity Fora.

We are happy to welcome you to the Neo Community.
I'm very happy to welcome you because it sounds like you have an interesting view point on using NeoOffice in your work.
PLEASE continue asking questions and providing comments. It's how we ALL learn.

Roy, I can't do any of the programming on NeoOffice either. Crying or Very sad I try to provide what little help I can here on the Forums. It's a small thing but I hope it helps others as much as folks here have helped me.

Philip ( Learning something new on Trinity about NeoOffice, and it's diverse users all the time! Wink )
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject:

OK. Nothing... and thanks again!
Today I correct the default allignment of my new NeoW documents using the "help" here!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1