· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Download page down
Download page down

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOHNLOWRY
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Download page down

haven't been able to open the Neo office download page for some time. is there a problem?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Yup. I am eagerly awaiting the response from our web hosting provider as I my e-mail is also inaccessible.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:

FYI. The www.planamesa.com website is back up.

Patrick
earltash
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Not now it isn't!!!!!!!!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject:

earltash wrote:
Not now it isn't!!!!!!!!

Yup. I noticed that I got lucky and caught it when it was up. My web hosting provider seems to not know what they are doing as they have been rebooting the server all day today yet the server's disk is 99% full. But that can't be it.... Wink

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have bugged our web hosting provider some more and noted that maybe the problem just might have something to do with the fact that there is no free disk.

If they still haven't figured it out by tomorrow noon or so, I'll spend tomorrow afternoon retrofitting the www.planamesa.com pages to work on www.neooffice.org and put the patch binaries on planamesa.net so that users can still access the download pages and the patch files.

I'll post more details tomorrow.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject:

I have hacked together a working copy of the NeoOffice pages that were on www.planamesa.com and put them on www.neooffice.org. So if you go to www.neooffice.org, all of the download and patch links should work.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:

NeoOffice.org doesn't look very pretty today Smile

FWIW, I'm able to access planamesa.com right now.

Edit :

I wrote:
NeoOffice.org doesn't look very pretty today Smile

Please disregard this comment. When I tried to access NeoOffice.org, it displayed a list of php files corresponding to the pages on planamesa.com, but it is no longer the case.

I can still access planamesa.com.

Last edited by Samwise on Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

I saw that too this morning and I have switched the neooffice.org web pages back to their original form.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

Haha!

Yes planamesa.com does seem to be back up. Apparently the ISP figured out that to create disk space you need to delete files before you restart all the daemons Wink

ed
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

... but now I can't access to neowiki... what's happen????
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:

Jakes runs the Wiki, which is on another server. Sometimes it becomes unavailable for a while, and then suddenly works again. You'll just have to wait and try to connect later ...
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject:

With the wiki sometimes it's bandwidth and sometimes server maintenance. The download pages are separate and in this case was due to some brainless sysadmining that was beyond our control Smile

For anything wrong with main www and trinity, feel free to complain straight to me since, mostly, I'm the horse's mouth for those servers (though I still have an ISP upstream and blackouts to worry about...)

ed
JOHNLOWRY
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject:

I have downloaded and installed a fresh version (including patch) of NeoOffice. It is such an elegant solution. I don't understand why it runs deperately slow, and slows everything else down, on my brand new imac 1.83 GHz Intel Core dou, 512 MB RAM? It can take 30 to 60 seconds to open any menu or perform a print, save or any other funtion. When it's loaded mail, calendar and all other programs run very slowly too. Has anyone else found this problem.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:

JOHNLOWRY wrote:
I have downloaded and installed a fresh version (including patch) of NeoOffice. It is such an elegant solution. I don't understand why it runs deperately slow, and slows everything else down, on my brand new imac 1.83 GHz Intel Core dou, 512 MB RAM? It can take 30 to 60 seconds to open any menu or perform a print, save or any other funtion. When it's loaded mail, calendar and all other programs run very slowly too. Has anyone else found this problem.
Johnlowry, Welcome to NeoOffice. Smile

If you have the Current Version, and Patch 10, then it's time to look at the NeoWiki Troubleshooting_Tips.
Play close attention to the section: Performance Common causes of slow or lackluster performance.

Because to the resources used to run NeoOffice (Aqua interface via Java, fonts, background programs, and such) it's important to check out each item listed on the Wiki. Most of us have had 1, or more, of the problems listed and were able to greatly improve speeds. Remember, NeoOffice is a very BIG program.
1. 512 MB of memory might be a little low. 1 GB is better, 2 GB is great.
2. Font corruption is a common cause

NeoOffice may never be the fastest Office Suite program, but a new Mac it should run at reasonable speed.
I only have 768 MB on a 1 GHZ G4 PowerMac and it runs pretty well.

Philip ( I asked Santa for a iMac Core 2 Duo with 2GB! Rolling Eyes )
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2