NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoWiki: French to English translation
NeoWiki: French to English translation

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:

One of us had already moved over the "Hyperliens" section, so it'll be waiting for me when I can get back to it.

I had totally forgotten that I added this new section in the En page Rolling Eyes. I can put more memory in my computer, not in my brain.

Jacqueline
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda,
"champ de saisie" = "input field" Smile

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject:

At long last, I have finished the "Table of Contents" aka "Table de Matières" article in the Wiki!
Annoying dancing banana
It probably needs proof reading. I'll try to do that another day, unless someone beats me to it.

Since the Table of Contents article contains links to two other articles that don't yet exist in English (Paragraph styles and Creating a Master Document), I have set up English pages for those as well. Annoying dancing banana So far all those pages contain are the translation template and botlang bar, plus a commented copy of the parallel French article.

I may tackle one of those articles next. On the other hand, there was at least one recent support request where the "answer" could be found in a wiki article that wasn't yet in English, so that one may be a higher priority. I don't remember which article it was; I'll have to go searching.

Philip,

I would say this deserves at least one dancing banana, wouldn't you? I haven't figured out how to make them appear yet. Would you be so kind as to oblige?
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Found the wiki reference I was thinking of:

Fr:Sélection_et_remplissage_d'une_plage_de_cellules

I'll see what I feel like translating next time I have the time to work in the wiki.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Woo Hoo,

What an extraordinary Wiki Team!

To get the Dancing Banana, or ROTFL you have to click on "Redacted".
Shhhhh don't tell everybody else.
WARNING: over use can cause strange things to ... happen! Shocked

Philip ( looking for a Idea )

<edit - redacted to protect the innocent Wink >

Last edited by LemonAid on Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject:

So that's the trick...

Let's see:

Annoying dancing banana

ROFL (and kicking)

OK, somebody's a little punchy tonight....Mabye it's just the blizzard getting to me. Three out of five school days cancelled this week. Talk about cabin fever! Rolling Eyes
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Grin, Good Work and lots of Praise!

Cabin fever, Hmmmmm. Do any of the kids know French? Shocked
OK, I'm just being ... silly (maaaybe?). Hope you weather the weather well (WWtW).

We are going to St Louis next weekend and would like to order weather without ... Blizzards, Power outages, Tornadoes, and such. Are we to late to place our request?!? Rolling Eyes

Philip (a little punchy tonight, too Confused )

\. Heaps praise on Smokey, JakeOSX, and other Wikki Wizards too. tanks all
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Found the wiki reference I was thinking of:

Fr:Sélection_et_remplissage_d'une_plage_de_cellules

I'll see what I feel like translating next time I have the time to work in the wiki.

I wrote the article in Fr Lorinda. I started translating it yesterday. But with the time difference I arrive a bit late in the thread… Tell me what you prefer: I go on with the translation and you "polish", or you translate the article yourself? No problem for me! It looks like that both of us _do_like translate (a very good exercise).

Thanks Philip, I didn't know how to get those funny things Annoying dancing banana

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject:

Why don't you finish it and I'll polish. I'm not as familiar with Calc's functions, so I would be slower, and I would probably have to ask you about some of it because of that. If it is easier for you, I you could leave the Navigateur image in the English article and I can do new screenshot for the English version when I polish.

Next time I have some translation time I'll work on either the Master Document or the Paragraph styles article. By the way, those two articles don't yet have links in the botlang bars of the other finished languages. The only way to get to them for the moment is through the English Table of Contents article. I didn't see any point in setting up the links until the articles were finished. But one can get from the "in translation" articles to the parallel articles in the other languages.

Lorinda
/safe but snowbound Smile
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Why don't you finish it and I'll polish. If it is easier for you, I you could leave the Navigateur image in the English article and I can do new screenshot for the English version when I polish.

OK. I can even give you an English screenshot. I let my laptop in English, it's easier for me to translate the menu names.
Quote:

/safe but snowbound Smile

And here it's as warm as in the middle of spring. We didn't have any winter.
I didn't know "cabin fever" (thanks dictionary) I imagine Wink

Jacqueline
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject:

Is "Selecting and Filling a Cell Range" a correct title? I don't want you to have to rename the article.

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
Is "Selecting and Filling a Cell Range" a correct title? I don't want you to have to rename the article.

Yes, that's a correct title.

jgd wrote:
And here it's as warm as in the middle of spring. We didn't have any winter. I didn't know "cabin fever" (thanks dictionary) I imagine icon_wink.gif

Yeah, cabin fever's American idiom I'm afraid. Actually, it hasn't been that bad. The kids have done a good job of keeping themselves occupied, and today is my husband's day off, so we have an equal parent to kid ratio Smile.

Our winter's been quite odd. We usually have more cold and snow than most of France, but our winter weather didn't really start until late January. (Typically it begins in late November/early December). One day between Christmas and New Year's it was 60 degrees F. (My conversion widget says that's 15 degrees Celsius). That's unheard of for December in my part of the country.

We can still get winter storms as late as mid-March, but it is unusual to have two so close together. And I don't think I've ever seen so many roads officially closed before. (At least half our state's interstates are closed.) But I think there have been more deaths in the southern US due to the tornadoes than there have been in the blizzard hit states, so in that regard we are fortunate. (Believe it or not, the blizzard and the tornadoes are all part of the same storm system).
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
(Believe it or not, the blizzard and the tornadoes are all part of the same storm system).

I would have much preferred the snow Wink

Thankfully all of the tornado action was south of here a bit, but seeing it go after places where I've had friends is quite frightening Sad

Today we have absolutely gorgeous weather...I'll send some sun and warmth Lorinda's way Wink

Smokey

Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I would have much preferred the snow icon_wink.gif

Thankfully all of the tornado action was south of here a bit, but seeing it go after places where I've had friends is quite frightening

True enough! Blizzards are a pain, and they can be deadly, but they don't do the kind of damage tornados do. I saw a map today of all the tornado sightings in the south. It was appalling. Even in tornado alley I think it is rare to see that many twisters in one 24 hour period.

(For the uninitiated, "tornado alley" refers to the region of the US with the highest frequency of tornados).
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Translation Fr -> En is done. Ready for polishing Smile
here
Hope the weather will be soon better in USA.

Jacqueline[/url]
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5