Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice Patch can't mount?
NeoOffice Patch can't mount?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamMcDowell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice Patch can't mount?

To preface, I'm incredibly new to Macs after basically 21 years of PC.

I'm trying to install NeoOffce (obviously) and am having problems (also obviously).

So I installed it but when I got to open it, the icon bounces and bounces in the dock, but then just stops. It doesn't even put the black triangle underneath it.

Today when I tried opening it it was probably about a half hour later that it opened, unprompted (since it bounced 30 minutes ago) by me. Then it started loading but the bar only got about a quarter of the way done before freezing up (and now I can't quit it).

That's problem #1.
#2, When I tried installing the patch it said that "the following disk image failed to mount."

I appreciate all your help!
--Adam
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the Mac and to NeoOffice. Sorry you're running into issues off the bat Sad

For problem #1, check your Console.log (via /Applications/Utilities/Console.app) for any errors. You might also check the other items mentioned in the first section of the Troubleshooting Tips article (in particular, make sure you are running the latest "point" version of Mac OS X and the latest Java updates--check Software Update… under the Apple menu).

(And if Neo's still "stuck", you can Force Quit by pressing Cmd-Opt-Esc and choosing Neo from the list of running apps....)

Problem #2 usually indicates your web browser lost connection with the server when downloading the patch, so you don't really have the entire file even though your browser told you the download was finished. You can try another browser, or the curl method described in the wiki.

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1