NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject:

RoyFocker wrote:
"page styles" again!!!
We have to wiki-ficate some ways of using it, Sardisson, but I don't know if the goal of NeoWiki is only the tips that concern NeoOffice & Mac system... or we can explain there this resources that come from OpenOffice ¿? Shocked

Both Smile We've historically documented both Neo- and Mac-specific things and questions that we tended to get asked frequently Wink, whether about using the program generally or about how to do specific things.

We probably need a good brief introduction to using styles to do different things (we already have the page about using styles and templates in a general sense, as a good formatting practice) that, at the very least, links to some posts here on trinity (off of the top of my head, Ray has made a number of good ones) and links to other resources--there's a good OOo guide that keeps getting mentioned when this topic comes up....

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Ok. I was thinking on write:
1. Using page styles (and today I translate the page of default style and templates into spanish...)
2. Page numbering (and adding the way of add that style page to the default document on Writer...)

but, in spanish... Embarassed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Sounds good Smile

Go ahead and write it in Spanish...someone will translate it into English (or into French and then into English). I'm of the opinion it's far more important to get good stuff written and posted in an organized fashion than it is to insist that all the popular articles are written first in English Wink That part is hard; translation is "easy" once there's content.

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject:

Ok. I finish the text that explain "Page style" in spanish. You can find it here:
http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/Es:C%C3%B3mo_usar_estilos_de_p%C3%A1gina

Opinions?
Ideas?
Embarassed

I found http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer/page_styles but I don't understand well what want to say this article!!!!!
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject:

... and Page numbering here:
http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/Es:C%C3%B3mo_numerar_p%C3%A1ginas

I don't know if there's a better way to force the number of a page...

Thanks! and I'm waiting your suggestions!
Rodrigo
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject:

RoyFocker wrote:
Ok. I finish the text that explain "Page style" in spanish. You can find it here:
http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/Es:C%C3%B3mo_usar_estilos_de_p%C3%A1gina

Opinions?

I just finish to translate your page into French.
http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/Fr:Comment_utiliser_les_styles_de_page
It was not too difficult (with online dictionary), but I'm missing a good Spanish grammar Wink
I learned a lot about the styles in translating your page. Thanks !
And now "Comment numéroter les pages", maybe not today Smile

Jacqueline
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject:

jgd wrote:

I just finish to translate your page into French.
http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/Fr:Comment_utiliser_les_styles_de_page
It was not too difficult (with online dictionary), but I'm missing a good Spanish grammar Wink
I learned a lot about the styles in translating your page. Thanks !
And now "Comment numéroter les pages", maybe not today Smile

Jacqueline

i went to read a few and realized that if it wasn't colors, food or angry phrases from my mother, my spanish vocabulary is awful.

-j
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
i went to read a few and realized that if it wasn't colors, food or angry phrases from my mother, my spanish vocabulary is awful.

-j

Can you read French ? Maybe Smokey or Lorinda or others will find time to translate into English. I'm not able to do that, and it's timeconsuming Crying or Very sad

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject:

I'll put it on my to-do list. With luck, I can get it started today. (It'll be my reward for getting other things done!)

Lorinda
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject:

GREAT but if you (Jacqueline, Lorinda, Jake or Sardisson) add some tip, please tell me so I can translate it and enrich the article.

I think that the "Numbering pages" is very, very "goodable"

Embarassed
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject:

I noticed just a little thing. In "Cómo crear un estilo de página", you say "apretando la tecla F11" for opening the "Styles and formatting" window. But it doesn't work because Apple assigns F11 to Exposé. You have to press Control+F11 to open "Styles and formatting". I fixed that in the French version, but not in your text.
I'll try to translate "Cómo numerar páginas" tomorrow, if I've enough time…
I don't know if it's "goodable" but I'm sure that I'll learn something Smile
Thank you for your work. It's very helpful for Neo users.

Jacqueline
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject:

:sigh:

I've been pretty busy lately, and the poor NeoMath article I started translating is still sitting in my "todo" tabs Sad

I'm glad to see all the new articles being written, and I have even more respect for the "translators" who have translated basically the entire wiki 4x now!

Smokey

Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm working on translating the article on using page styles, and I think I've run across an error in the directions.

Under the section on applying page styles, the French article (and presumably the original Spanish article) States that to apply a page style, you put the cursor in the page you want changed, open Styles and Formatting, click on the desired style, and then click on the paint can icon. It goes on to say that the page will immediately changes styles.

Thanks to the quirks of the translation widget which translated "verseuse" as "coffee pot," I fired up Neo to figure out which icon was being referred to. While there, I tried the process described, and it doesn't work that way.

Instead, you have to click on the desired style, click on the paint can, and then click in the page you want changed. Alternatively, if the cursor is in the right page, you can just double-click on the page style and ignore the paint can all together.

I can fix the French article (although somebody might need to check my grammar afterwards!), but I wanted to alert Roy and anyone working on translating the article in to one of our other "official wiki languages."

I also wanted to check out if others observe this same behavior.
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject:

It's true. I will change the spanish text... after click on the "coffee pot"...
THANKS. Laughing Laughing Laughing
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject:

I've just changed the French page, after having tested the methods. I found three possibilities to apply a stye. Can you (Roy or Lorinda) check out my text ?
Thanks

Jacqueline
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3