· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - FileMaker Pro <-> ODBC <-> NeoOffice (proof of c
FileMaker Pro <-> ODBC <-> NeoOffice (proof of c

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: FileMaker Pro <-> ODBC <-> NeoOffice (proof of c

He he he!

Finally - and I mean finally - I have proof that I can pull data across the Internet from a Filemaker Pro Server 8 Advanced hosted database through a NeoOffice local database configured to use ODBC to the FMP source file to produce labels an' stuff like that!

I also have further encouraged the grey hairs on my scalp to take over from the darker stuff that was once in the majority...

Ah, well, at least its now the weekend and I can go and potter in the garden and prepare the vegetable beds to get it out of my system!

Happy days!

LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Congratulation's Ray! Very Happy

That sounds really... exciting / Great / Interesting!
Let us know how this works out. And maybe write up your results when you get this fully working? I'm sure that there are others that would love to learn how to do this!

Philip ( amazing fora, amazing community! Wink )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Excellent! I remembered I tried with an older version of FM I had access to but the JDBC drivers weren't really full JDBC drivers...

Congratulations, and I'm sure there will be many Mac people who will take joy in the fact that it's confirmed possible!!

Have an excellent weekend Very Happy

ed
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Excellent! I remembered I tried with an older version of FM I had access to but the JDBC drivers weren't really full JDBC drivers...

ed

JDBC still doesn't work. Although I get a connection into the FileMaker database with JDBC and Neo can see the table that's in there, it is not possible to read the fields from that table.

NeoOffice Base reports:

"Error while connecting to the data source

[DataDirect][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][ODBC FileMaker driver]Optional feature not implemented."

Anyone make sense of that?

That's why I'm reporting here my success in getting to the actual field data is only possible with ODBC, not JDBC.

OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject:

That error from the JDBC driver seems to indicate they still haven't implemented a full JDBC driver for FileMaker, so on that front the state of affairs hasn't changed. IIRC originally they provided a Java style interface, but it wasn't even JDBC! I never tried with ODBC myself but it looks like that's the way to go!! Smile

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1