Maybe MacRat ????

No hablo Español.

MacRat.

/Redneck from Indiana
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Saving/Opening Tab-delimited files:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=30103#30103
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject:

In response to all the forum questions about "losing custom setting when upgrading from Neo 2.0 to 2.1" - might I suggest that this would be a good wiki topic.

1. I think Ed/Patrick noted some time ago that they would not be transfered due: Preference folder change, no transfer preference routines launched in Neo 2.1, and some more stuff. IIRC

2. Add that to the several work-arounds that have been posted recently and we could refer new users to that.
I have not tested any of these - I guess I have "no Preference?!?"

3. Hay - This could be linked to the "Installation Issues and Solutions" and "Troubleshooting Tips", Release notes, ....

It just seems that there are a LOT of these questions - I saw two today.

AND I saw several posts that Neo 2.1 was going to be rolled out to several large groups of people! How EXCITING!!
If we can help resolve their problem - "Maybe" they will feel the "extra" need to contribute to the NeoOffice development effort. ( especially with ... cash Rolling Eyes )

Philip ( Just full or ... suggestions! Shocked )

\. grin - and it that does not work, try guilt! jk
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Copying spreadsheet data to a table in writer
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Copying spreadsheet data to a table in writer

Fr version here

Jacqueline
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Editing notes in Calc
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject:

One more wiki tidbit from a new poster:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4065

Quote:
Hi
This is my first post, and I hope this is useful to others.

I installed Canadian English in my copy of NeoOffice 2.0 (patch 15) so that spell checking would happen that way, and the autocorrect replace list and exceptions list stopped working.

There seemed to be no easy way to replicate the USA English versions of these lists, and typing them all in again (after selecting "English (Canada)" at the top of the autocorrect dialog) was way too tedious.

But I managed to populate these lists using this method.

Right-click on the NeoOffice application and choose "Show Package Contents". Navigate to "Contents/share/autocorr/". Find the "acor_en-US.dat" file - this apparently contatins the replace and exceptions lists.

In a new Finder window (just to make copying easier), navigate to
"~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.x/user/autocorr/". If "acor_en-US.dat" exists in this folder, temporarily rename it. The "acor ..." files in this folder seem to contain additions you've made to the replace and exceptions lists.

Copy the "acor_en-US.dat" file from autocorr folder deep in the NeoOffice application to the autocorr folder deep in the Preferences folder. In the Preferences folder rename the copied file to "autocorr_en-CA.dat". If necessary, reset the name of the "autocorr_en-US.dat" file.

Launch NeoOffice, go to the AutoCorretion dialog, choose "English (Canada)" from the pop-up, and the lists will be there.

Choose a different file name if you're using an English variant other than Canadian, UK, or USA, and (I assume) you have installed that language in NeoOffice.

-- Bill
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Editing notes in Calc

Done

[url=http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/Fr:Insérer_et_Éditer_des_Notes_dans_Calc]Français[/url]

English ("rough" English Wink )

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject:

From this thread

aussie149 wrote:
Seems to me that people may want to populate their new 2.1 NeoOffice with a more complete set of pictures. I was working on a smaller set, with a more consistent quality of image, but I had not worked out how/where this might be hosted. Kami has solved that by being hosted from sourceforge.

As mentioned above, the OxygenOffice Professional set of clipart is of the order of 60MB, so it's not for dialup I'm afraid. If you would like to check this out, here are some instructions. I did this the hard way at first, before I found Extension Manager. Lastly, I can't guarantee that all of these are totally public domain, although I know that most certainly are. I'd suggest you not use any for commercial purposes unless you know that it is able to be so used.

To install the OxygenOffice Professional (OOOP or O2OP) galleries provided by Kami

Go to:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=170021&package_id=208656
Download OOOP-2.1.0-3-gallery.oxt [This is actually a zipped file, but don't unzip it, although you would find that Stuffit Expander or similar could unzip it.]

Load NeoOffice. Start a new document. Go to Tools > Extension Manager... and select it. You will find a window opens. Select My Extensions and Add.. Navigate to the package: OOOP-2.1.0-3-gallery.oxt. This should get the package installed automagically. That's it, really.

There are also template files which you can download [lots of templates, inc some nice Impress ones] at that sourceforge page. Install using the saem Extension Manager to My Extensions. Not sure whether installing a new version of NeoOffice would break these links, so I'd keep the .oxt file in a safe place.
And there are font and examples files in collections elsewhere on the linked sourceforge pages.

Peter

I'm afraid I don't know how to "format" a url to link to a particular post in a thread trinity. If someone does, a link could be pretty quickly added to the Templates page, I think.

Sometime after Easter I'll start setting these up as stub articles and/or adding links to existing articles.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
I'm afraid I don't know how to "format" a url to link to a particular post in a thread trinity.

Click in the little "document" icon right next to "Posted" at the top of each message; it's a link that points directly to that post.

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Ah HA! AH HA!!!!

I had the same question and had to "look" for that 'little "document" icon right next to "Posted" ' several times before I got this hint! WOW

I had been wondering about this for some time - and didn't ask. Embarassed

Thanks Smokey - Wisest of all Mystic Wiki elves! Cool

Philip ( "Seek - and you'll find More questions!" Wink )
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Say,

I thought Smokey was going to be busy else where during the first part of April.

Must be his ... Powerful "spirit" posting while he is busy?? Shocked
I feel much ... safer knowing his wisdom is ... guiding us!

Philip ( Magic? Mystic? all the above?? Wink )
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject:

.doc file has Spellcheck not active in default English USA; no wavy red lines

I've tried to pull out the relevant points.

Following this thread:
http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4183

Quote:
rays — In your .doc file example where no spell-checking is happening, if you select some text in a typical paragraph of text and select NeoOffice menu item Format>Character>Font tab, which language is currently shown in the Language selector in the lower half of that window below the font selections?

Quote:
rodl — Ray: Nothing...

so I select the whole doc and change the Language option to English(US), all the red lines are showing up! Wow~ Thanks! All NeoOffice users should know about this... Thanks Ray!

Quote:
sardisson — ...I wasn't aware all/most/a good number of Word documents don't get a language set....

You can also force the language of a given document via the prefs; I'm not sure which is easier, that or the "select all and Format..." method....
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject:

We also need to update our NeoOffice Support pages (the bottom section, where we point to guides and books)

1) Move the OOo 1.1.x Guides to the Legacy page (in the Neo 1.2 section)
2) Add the OOo Guide and the Word Migration Guide pdfs that Lorinda, rays, and others keep pointing out
3) Add aussie's NeoGuide; even in draft form it seems very useful
4) Add a link to the NeoOffice book (http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=30385#30385)

I'll try to tackle this later today if I get a chance.

Edit: I've done this all in English now.

Smokey

Last edited by sardisson on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject:

Edit (for my benefit): Most of the tips above this point have been entered in the wiki--at least as links; I have not yet added the tip in this post, nor those below

Second Edit: This tip added, "Salvaging Settings from Corrupted Preferences."

Salvaging templates, autotexts, etc. when the Preferences have been corrupted:

Quote:
Smokey's suggestion about archiving preferences is an excellent one.

Having just had to pull my preferences last night due to a different bug/corruption, I actually have to disagree slightly with him about trashing all your old preferences, though. If you have defined custom autotexts or added any templates, (or if you want to keep your backups) you probably don't want to trash all your preferences.

This is what I did to isolate the corrupted folder in preferences, so I could save the others:

1. I made a copy (in Finder File>Duplicate) of my old (on the desktop) preferences folder--this was in case I messed up in the process.
2. I selected half of the folders in the users folder of the old preferences folder and drug them into the new (uncorrupted) folder (~/Library/NeoOffer/user). When it warned me that this will replace folders of the same name, I clicked "ok"
3. I restarted NeoOffice and checked to see if the "bug" reappeared. (In my case it was a problem with the save dialog). Then I quit Neo.
4. If it did not reappear, this meant that that half of the preferences were ok. In my case, the first half I put back in (the "bottom" half in list view) were o.k. If the bug appears in the first half for you, skip to 6.
5. I put the other half of the preferences files back and restarted Neo. That's when the bug appeared.
6. I quit Neo I pulled this half (the one with a corruption somewhere) back onto the desktop.
7. I put one folder now on the desktop back in Library>Preferences>NeoOffice>user, restarted Neo, and checked for the bug.
8. I repeated this until I found the offending folder (in my case config). There didn't appear to be anything vital to my work in the old config folder, so I trashed the whole folder. If it had been my templates folder, I would have continued this process with the files in the folder.

If you know that there are only a few folders that contain work you don't want to lose (e.g. autotext, templates or backup), you could try just dragging those back in one at a time and see if they create problems.

From this old post: http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=25149

With thanks to Samwise for finding it!!

Last edited by Lorinda on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6